What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

gaming is a slideshow

MARSTG

I decided to game a little on the 9800GX2 I have for folding. I stopped the folding first, completely, then I started to game. Pretty soon, less than 30 seconds after the game started. it transformed into a slideshow. Card is folding fine, but gaming is very slow : I disabled PhysX, I disabled SLI, I game on 1024x768, no AA, tried Anisotropic filtering, Trilinear filtering, Shaders to medium, world detail to medium. BTW the game is NFS Carbon. Can this be a sign the card is dying? Folding is fine, card produces in excess of 10K PPD on default settings, never rises over 80 deg C.

KaptCrunch

current<TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" xmlns=""><TBODY><TR><TD id=contentsummaryleft>

</TD><TD id=contentsummaryright colSpan=2>285.62 <SUP>WHQL</SUP>
64bit

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" xmlns=""><TBODY><TR><TD id=contentsummaryleft>

</TD><TD id=contentsummaryright colSpan=2>

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

MARSTG

will try those and let you know. it games well, but I don't think it likes folding at all while gaming, so I stopped the folding even on the gt240. we'll see how it will fold.

Last edited:

MARSTG

game still locks, but not that bad like before, it locks a lot especially after finishing courses, but I think is a game issue. Folding is fine

KaptCrunch

is the nvidia auto listed in hardware manager of sound if is disable it

and in game option of audio set stereo every time you start game

MARSTG

game option is set to stereo. Disabled nVidia High Definition Audio in Device Manager. I was afraid of changing video driver because it would interfere with other activities while folding, and now I have my issue : playing video files with VLC now is very choppy, while on the old driver it was fine. And I don't really see why a 3 year old card should have the newest driver, you would think those issues would be solved over the first year.

neojjjk

just do a clean format and re install windows & use new drivers from nvidia site .
fix all sata cables and memory properly .

Latest posts