What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Gaming rig rebuild, sadly not featuring the 5950x....yet.

sswilson

Staff member
RGB Fusion.....what a piece of work that is....!
It's behaving for me now in that I just left it at cycling colours. My RAM and fans are in sync consistently now.
What monitor is that?

Does it have an option to lock in a "hardware" profile? That's the ticket if it's available. That way you can set the profile into whatever small programmable chip part of the onboard controller and forget it regardless of what the software says (you'd set the software to not run on startup and only launch it when you want to change the profile).

Bartacus

RGB Fusion.....what a piece of work that is....!
It's behaving for me now in that I just left it at cycling colours. My RAM and fans are in sync consistently now.
What monitor is that?
I actually like the latest version, it seems to be more solid than previous versions, that's for sure. Monitor is an Asus ROG Strix XG43V, 43" HDR ultrawide, [email protected], Freesync2, etc.

Bartacus

I got the call last night, Canada Computers tech was able to unbend the pins on the damaged 5950X!! I installed it last night, and only finished up shortly before bed, but I will say this:

1) at default settings, XMP on, PBO on, IF fixed at 1800mhz for my baseline, I'm getting over 29,000 in Cinebench R23. :cool:
2) with the Optimus CPU block and Kingpin KPX thermal paste, my temps top out in the low 70s under full load. :cool:
3) the *lowest* core clock I've seen is 4.6ghz, the highest is over 5. :cool:
4) no WHEA errors on the Gigabyte Aorus Master.

And I haven't even begun tweaking yet! This CPU is a MONSTER!

GeezerGamer

Talk about ending the year on a high note........and starting the new year on a high note!
Good stuff!

FreeKnight

I got the call last night, Canada Computers tech was able to unbend the pins on the damaged 5950X!! I installed it last night, and only finished up shortly before bed, but I will say this:

1) at default settings, XMP on, PBO on, IF fixed at 1800mhz for my baseline, I'm getting over 29,000 in Cinebench R23. :cool:
2) with the Optimus CPU block and Kingpin KPX thermal paste, my temps top out in the low 70s under full load. :cool:
3) the *lowest* core clock I've seen is 4.6ghz, the highest is over 5. :cool:
4) no WHEA errors on the Gigabyte Aorus Master.

And I haven't even begun tweaking yet! This CPU is a MONSTER!
That's a real relief. Glad to hear it could be fixed

Latest posts

Twitter