What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Gaming woes

Realityshift

I reformat my windows partition normally once every 3 months, weather it needs it or not ive just fallen into a habit of doing it, cleaning the registry and defragging helps to but I like the feeling of a brand new install =) You could try opening the video card up and checking to make sure theres no dust getting in the way, maybe make sure all the memory pads are seated properly as well. if its EVGA your aloud to pull your heatsink off without voiding your warranty.

Wolfx25

sounds to me that the video card memory is failing, have you removed the heat sink?

current driver

also Check with GPU-z that spec's are right

GPU:9800GTX+
CoreClock:756MHz
MemoryClock:2246MHz
ShaderBlock:1836MHz
MemoryBandwidth:71.8GB/sec

updating the BIOS on your XFX Nforce 780i SLI ( MB-N780-ISH9 ) to version P08.
Well don't forget I'm running a Super Clocked edition. However, I did notice that my memory clock is is only at 1125. Now wouldn't it make more sense if it was higher then the standard? :p

Realityshift

My EVGA 9800GTX+ SC ran memory up to and beyond 2450mhz, core at 800mhz, and shaders at whatever it was linked, just under 2000mhz I believe by like 3mhz. And even at that overclock @ 55% fanspeeds I was maxing at 65c heatwise, I loved that card.

Wolfx25

Ok, I know this thread is kinda dead, but I just got around to testing some stuff recently. I updated the BIOS, but this seemed to have no effect. I did however finally get some sort of error message. During some gameplay in Assassin's Creed, my rig crashed and a BSOD with Nv_4 disp as the problem came up. I know that Nv_4 is a driver issue, so it would seem something is wrong with the software....

Wolfx25

I think my system might just be better off with windows reinstalled and fresh, just cause it seems like this is most likely a driver conflict.

Eagle Eye

sounds to me that the video card memory is failing, have you removed the heat sink?

current driver

also Check with GPU-z that spec's are right

GPU:9800GTX+
CoreClock:756MHz
MemoryClock:2246MHz
ShaderBlock:1836MHz
MemoryBandwidth:71.8GB/sec

updating the BIOS on your XFX Nforce 780i SLI ( MB-N780-ISH9 ) to version P08.
Remember, a GPU can go tits up without overheating.
I agree with captncrunch and sky, typically the ram on a videocard will fail before the actually GPU.

I think my system might just be better off with windows reinstalled and fresh, just cause it seems like this is most likely a driver conflict.
I skimmed quickly so spare me any haggling if already mention. A driver conflict doesn't necessarily require the whole OS to be re-installed.

Some possible solutions...

Download and install: Guru 3D Driver Sweeper Setup

1. Uninstall all GPU drivers, after reboot press F8 choose safe mode and run driver sweeper and remove all nVidia display drivers. Then re-install your drivers.

2. Do the same for your chipset, same process as above.

3. As already mentioned, bios update.

Regards,

EE

odis172

I agree that it could definatly be hardware. If the card is going, you may notice windows resetting the display adaptor. It may give you an error message saying that the display adaptor was reset, though you will definaly notice your game freezing up for about 15 seconds, then returning back to normal.

Wolfx25

But that's the strange thing! Not all of my games are affected by crashing and artifacts. Tf2, Far Cry 2, Dawn of War seem to work great, but others, like Assasin's Creed and Trackmania fail horribly.

Latest posts

Twitter