What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Gaming woes

odis172

Certain games may be stressing your system more then others. Factors that may effect it include game engine type - or if vsync is on or off. I seem to recall farcry2 not having a vsync disable option. Try turning vsync on - on the games that are crashing, (you could even lower the graphics and resolution) and see if the time before it crashes increases, or if the crashes stop all together. This will stress the cards less, helping to narrow down the problem.

Wolfx25

Well, just for the lawlz, I reinstalled Windows. So it's not a driver conflict, after playing Assassin's Creed for 5 minutes the game proceeded to go back to it's regular state of crash. So it seems like a new graphics card may be the alternative now?

UPDATE: I turned off Post FX, and the game lasted for a little longer. However, I still got a NV4_Disp failure box.

Last edited:

Wolfx25

I found a some what of a fix to the problem. I turned down the core clock on the card, and Assassin's Creed has been running for a while now. I just have to test this out on some of the other games i was having trouble with.

Latest posts

Twitter