What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Gamingpc.ca - pre built customizations advice

Prickly007

there is a market out there for boutique built PCs. Some folks want the look but don't have the patience (or inclination) to build their own.

Back the day, I bought a system from VoodooPC and, thanks to their phone support (and forum), I learned enough to start building my own systems.... How good is gamingpc.ca's support? Could they talk someone through flushing the loop? Replacing a pump?

The idea of having a computer to stand the test of time is a flawed one because it will not. At best you can do is 5 years if you intend to run the latest games all the time and that's assuming you plug in a new GPU half way thru the life cycle.

+1

Urotsukidoji

So, I think Extreme PC is my best bet for the build.

So here are my current updated picks for scrutinization;

CPU: AMD RYZEN 9 5900X CPU | AM4 | 12 Core - 24 Threads | 3.7Ghz - 4.8Ghz
($100 over the 5800X – worth it?)

Motherboard: ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Dark Hero | Socket AM4 | AMD X570
($238 over the ASUS SRIX X570 – worth it?)

RAM: Kingston HyperX Predator RAM | 64GB (4x16GB) | 3600MHz | PC4 28800 |

CASE: CORSAIR OBSIDIAN 750D AIRFLOW
(Just looks like it will have lots of room)

POWER SUPPLY: EVGA 750W G5 POWER SUPPLY | 80PLUS GOLD | ATX

CPU COOLER: Noctua NH-D15S CPU Cooler Intel LGA2011-0 & LGA2011-3
(Anything better? I have zero knowledge on this part)

PRIMARY HD: CORSAIR FORCE GEN 4 NVME SSD 2TB

SECONDARY HD: WESTERN DIGITAL HDD 10TB SATA
(I have a lot of stuff, current rig has 3 internal 750 Gig, and 2 external 1T drives attached, all almost full)

OPTICAL DRIVE: Asus DRW-24F1ST Optical 24x CD|DVD Writer | Black
(as noted earlier, internal drive is important to me, BLU-Ray is not needed)

VIDEO CARD: MSI GeForce RTX 3060 Ti GAMING X TRIO Video Card 8GB GDDR6 PCI Express 4.0
(guidance on this pick is still most welcome – worth going higher?)

SOUNDCARD: Just going with on board Sound

Pricing now comes to just under $5,000

…..so, getting there....

GeezerGamer

Some good choices there. If sound is important to you then stick with the dark hero motherboard. Friendly reminder that AMD would like their CPU's cooled with AIO solution......

Urotsukidoji

Some good choices there. If sound is important to you then stick with the dark hero motherboard. Friendly reminder that AMD would like their CPU's cooled with AIO solution......

With the AIO, I'll still be prone to the same issues with other liquid cooling solutions will I not?

Urotsukidoji

No, an AIO is a sealed unit that would not require any maintenance unless there was an outright failure.

ahh, ok, then here are my choices in order of price, with a range of about $200 from the first to last;

ASUS TUF Gaming LC 120 RGB All-in-one liquid CPU Cooler | Aura Sync | TUF 120mm RGB Radiator Fans | Fan Blade Groove Design
Enermax Liqtech TR4 240 AIO Liquid CPU Cooler | Support 500W+TDP and Overclocking, AMD Socket TR4 Ready
ASUS ROG Ryuo 120 RGB AIO Liquid CPU Cooler | 120mm Radiator | 120mm 4-pin PWM Fan | LIVEDASH OLED Panel | FanXpert Controls
ASUS ROG Strix LC 240 RGB AIO Liquid CPU Cooler | 2x 120mm Fans| 4-pin PWM Fan | LIVEDASH OLED Panel | FanXpert Controls
ASUS ROG Ryuo 240 RGB AIO Liquid CPU Cooler | 240mm Radiator | 240mm 4-pin PWM Fan | LIVEDASH OLED Panel | FanXpert Controls
ASUS ROG Strix LC 360 RGB AIO Liquid CPU Cooler | 3x 120mm Fans| 4-pin PWM Fan | LIVEDASH OLED Panel | FanXpert Controls

any recommendations from these?

Urotsukidoji

clshades

If you can get your hands on an asus strix 3060ti, I'd go that route, or an evga with their upgrade program. Either of those two seem to have better quality builds imo.

These guys do really good reviews on AIO units, check it out.

Urotsukidoji

For the graphics card. Extreme PC (who I plan to do the build for me) does not have the ASUS or EVGA 3060 cards listed.
They do however have these listed;

ASUS DUAL-RTX3070-O8G GRAPHICS CARD | NVIDIA® GeForce RTX™ 3070 GPU
ASUS ROG-STRIX-RTX3070-8G-GAMING GRAPHICS CARD | NVIDIA® GeForce RTX™ 3070 GPU
ASUS TUF-RTX3070-O8G-GAMING GRAPHICS CARD | NVIDIA® GeForce RTX™ 3070 GPU

all roughly listed at $200 more than the MSI GeForce RTX 3060 Ti I currently have picked. Any worth the $$?

Latest posts

Twitter