What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Gamingpc.ca - pre built customizations advice

JD

Staff member
I know originally you mentioned some game titles you wanted to play, but in your latest re-hash I didn't see any mentioned. If gaming is still a goal, I would go with at least the RTX 3070, depending on what monitor/resolution you have.

Unless you have a use case for 64GB of RAM, I'd probably back that off to 32GB (2x16GB @ 3600MHz+) as the money is better spent on the GPU.

Likewise, if you don't plan to overclock/tweak your system, the ASUS ROG Strix X570-E motherboard would be fine too. The Dark Hero is more geared towards those that want to squeeze performance out of the CPU.

If these prices you are quoting are from ExtremePC, they seem a bit on the high side. You might be better off getting Memory Express or Canada Computers to assemble this for you. Memory Express has a store out in Hamilton, Canada Computers has locations all over the GTA.

clshades

For the graphics card. Extreme PC (who I plan to do the build for me) does not have the ASUS or EVGA 3060 cards listed.
They do however have these listed;

ASUS DUAL-RTX3070-O8G GRAPHICS CARD | NVIDIA® GeForce RTX™ 3070 GPU
ASUS ROG-STRIX-RTX3070-8G-GAMING GRAPHICS CARD | NVIDIA® GeForce RTX™ 3070 GPU
ASUS TUF-RTX3070-O8G-GAMING GRAPHICS CARD | NVIDIA® GeForce RTX™ 3070 GPU

all roughly listed at $200 more than the MSI GeForce RTX 3060 Ti I currently have picked. Any worth the $$?
I'm not sure how the 3060ti and 3070 compare. You'd have to check some benchmark reviews. GamerNexus probably has a review on the 3060ti.if you search thier YouTube channel.

Personally I go Strix if I can.

Last edited:

Urotsukidoji

So gaming is still a driving force. Current monitor is only a Asus PA246Q, 24.1" LCD Widescreen P-IPS Professional Monitor, 1920x1200
But that might be upgraded down the road.

64GB off RAM is me trying to make a system that will last a bit, I'd rather get it all now, rather than add another 32GB 2 or 3 years down the road.

The dif in MOBO price (@ Express anyway) from Dark Hero down to ROG Strix X570 is $170, it was mentioned in the thread that on board sound was better in the Dark Hero, but no, I'm prob not gonna be overclocking. So you think I'm better off moving that $ to the GPU?

When I have a final parts list, I'll prob shop around before I pull the trigger.

SugarJ

Staff member
Folding Team
If you're not overclocking, there's no need for the Dark Hero. And if the sound quality is that important to you you'd have moved to an external DAC/Amp already. The money is better spent on a better GPU.

GeezerGamer

While maybe not overclocking, spending more on the Hero will translate into better quality and perhaps a longer lifespan.......
I quote the internet.....
"More expensive motherboards will therefore have more USB ports, newer performance standard, more room for drives and so on. More expensive motherboards usually mean better quality components. ... The cheaper a motherboard gets, the more it will focus only on the very barebones features needed to make a basic computer."

Can't help but think on all the extravagant sport car owners out there not being on the track at top speed.....why bother??

😄

Urotsukidoji

OK, better GPU,...

Asus ROG STRIX RTX3070 OC GAMING GeForce RTX 3070 8GB PCI-E w/ Dual HDMI, Triple DP @ Memory Express is $900

If I was to throw another couple hundred buts at the issue, what to get?

ASUS TUF RX6800 OC GAMING Radeon RX 6800 16GB PCI-E w/ HDMI, Triple DP $960
ASUS ROG STRIX RX6800 OC Radeon RX 6800 16GB PCI-E w/ HDMI, Triple DP $985
ASUS TUF RX6800XT OC GAMING Radeon RX 6800 XT 16GB PCI-E w/ HDMI, Triple DP $1,150
ASUS ROG STRIX LC RX6800XT OC GAMING Radeon RX 6800 XT 16GB PCI-E w/ HDMI, Dual DP, USB-C, Liquid Cooler $1,250

Any of these jump out as a clear pick?

Urotsukidoji

so, I keep flip flopping on the Dark Hero ($130) difference from STRIX X570-E

here is my updated config
Order2.jpg

Last edited:

GeezerGamer

I'd think a lot of people would be happy to have that at their finger tips!
Did you check that motherboard, CPU and RAM will all get along?
I assume you're all set with keyboard and mouse?

Latest posts

Twitter