What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Gamingpc.ca - pre built customizations advice

Urotsukidoji

I was going to call the store to make sure everything will fit together, and I had not picked any odd balls before I go pulling the trigger. Just looking at GPU benchmarks, might switch to:
ROG STRIX RTX3080 OC GAMING GeForce RTX 3080 10GB PCI-E w/ Dual HDMI, Triple DP $1,210

prob last choice before I giver'

keyboard and mouse are good for.... I still like my old Logitech G9 Laser Mouse mouse (I own 3), and Logitch iTouch board, but might update the KB later to a lighted one.

JD

Staff member
The main issue will be availability, the RTX 3070 comes in stock weekly. I haven't really seen many RX 6800s or RTX 3080s in Canada yet. Likewise for the 5900X CPU...

Urotsukidoji

The main issue will be availability, the RTX 3070 comes in stock weekly. I haven't really seen many RX 6800s or RTX 3080s in Canada yet. Likewise for the 5900X CPU...
well, I've waited years for this, so if I need to wait a month or 2, or whatever to get the build, no big deal. Worst case I guess, is they say they can't get a part, and I have to step back to the 3070

Urotsukidoji

Hey guys, I just want to thank everyone for their time, input, suggestions, feedback, in-site, etc.

The trigger has been pulled with Memory Express (Hamilton). Had a good talk with one of their reps as well. (where as Extreme never got back to me). As mentioned in the thread, somethings are on back-order, but after all this time, waiting 2 more months, or whatever is nothing. Here are the final picks. ....

ComponentChosen Item
MOTHER BOARDASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Dark Hero | Socket AM4 | AMD X570
CPUAMD RYZEN 9 5900X CPU | AM4 | 12 Core - 24 Threads | 3.7Ghz - 4.8Ghz
CPU COOLERASUS ROG STRIX LC 360 RGB AIO Liquid CPU Cooler -Black
GRAPHICS CARDASUS ROG STRIX RTX3080 OC GAMING GeForce RTX 3080 10GB PCI-E w/ Dual HDMI
RAMKingston HyperX Fury 64 GB (2 x32GB) DDR4 3600MHz CL18 DIMM, Black
DVD BURNERLG GH24NSC0 SuperMulti 24x DVD Writer, SATA, Black
PRIMARY HDSeagate 2TB FireCuda 520 M.2 PCIe Gen4 NVMe SSD
HARD DRIVE 2Western Digital BLACK 4TB Performance Desktop HD, 7200 rpm SATA III 256MB Cache
HARD DRIVE 3Western Digital BLACK 4TB Performance Desktop HD, 7200 rpm SATA III 256MB Cache
POWER SUPPLYEVGA 750W G5 POWER SUPPLY | 80PLUS GOLD | ATX | MODULAR
CASECORSAIR OBSIDIAN 750D AIRFLOW CHASSIS
OSWindows 10 Home Edition (64-bit) - English - Full Licence OEM DVD
SOFTWAREMicrosoft Office Home & Student 2019 | One-time Purchase, 1 Person
ASSEMBLYMemory Express Assemble Hardware + Load O/S [Premium Priority]

sswilson

Staff member
Damn, that's an impressive list. :)

How are they dealing with the back ordered GPU? Are they putting you on the general wait list for a 3080 or are you waiting for that specific card to come in?

edit: (it's weird seeing a DVD RW on a 2021 build, but maybe you feel you need it... :) )

Urotsukidoji

How are they dealing with the back ordered GPU? Are they putting you on the general wait list for a 3080 or are you waiting for that specific card to come in?

edit: (it's weird seeing a DVD RW on a 2021 build, but maybe you feel you need it... :) )

I'm waiting for the specific card, but have a note on my order that if it's going to be over 3 months, lets talk options.

I'm old-school (literally) I regularly rip from my 4,000+ CD collection, and do a lot of DVD burning. Plus every now and then I get nostalgic, and load up an old game from <shock> physical media </shock> ;)

Sagath

Staff member
Folding Team

Are we ignoring the 5900x? :censored: Two month waitlist is highly optimistic imo for a 3080 and 5900x.

sswilson

Staff member
Are we ignoring the 5900x? :censored: Two month waitlist is highly optimistic imo for a 3080 and 5900x.

No, not ignoring it, but it's a specific product that will either come in or it won't, while a 3080 is something that comes in many different flavours other than the specific model he's ordered.

Latest posts