What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Gas Prices

Cowboy

It does and it doesn't. If you ever looked at the pumps at gas stations that gave you the tax break down on gas and in at least ontario there was both gst and pst already on gas. Glad to see the government needs to take even more to waste on crap.

Dude, don't forget:

"We" have to work hard... because the liberals need to buy fancy stuff with OPiuM (Other People's Money)

Last edited:

technix

Banned
To the whiner who says you need to ask yourself questions and the one who is boasting about using a bike... don't make me laugh. Why does the general person have to move to a bike or ask these questions? Why not ask why the Government is in bed with the oil/gas industry? That's where your questions should be directed at. I hope some schmuck never asks me this while I'm walking on the street or try to make me feel guilty for using a car.

Either way, the Government wins. Tax the crap out of gas/oil and they collect the benefits and have the prices sky high and the OIL/GAS companies make a fortune even though they have already. Then the Government will get on their soap box and talk about new energies and electric cars. The companies and Government will bleed the resources dry and then tax the crap out of oil/gas at some point in the future to try and provoke people to buy electric cars or whatever there is then.

There's no reason for these prices. If you remember, there was shock and screaming when prices were at $1.30/L, last summer or not too long ago? But, people who have money don't care so they don't remember or let it bother them. Too many people just turn a blind eye and shrug their shoulders. The reason for the high prices is indifference and greed. Have a nice day and don't forget to check your oil.

LarkStarr

It does and it doesn't. If you ever looked at the pumps at gas stations that gave you the tax break down on gas and in at least ontario there was both gst and pst already on gas. Glad to see the government needs to take even more to waste on crap.

gas was NOT charged PST before the HST came in. You're not even in Ontario?

Cowboy

To the whiner who says you need to ask yourself questions and the one who is boasting about using a bike... don't make me laugh. Why does the general person have to move to a bike or ask these questions? Why not ask why the Government is in bed with the oil/gas industry? That's where your questions should be directed at. I hope some schmuck never asks me this while I'm walking on the street or try to make me feel guilty for using a car.

Either way, the Government wins. Tax the crap out of gas/oil and they collect the benefits and have the prices sky high and the OIL/GAS companies make a fortune even though they have already. Then the Government will get on their soap box and talk about new energies and electric cars. The companies and Government will bleed the resources dry and then tax the crap out of oil/gas at some point in the future to try and provoke people to buy electric cars or whatever there is then.

There's no reason for these prices. If you remember, there was shock and screaming when prices were at $1.30/L, last summer or not too long ago? But, people who have money don't care so they don't remember or let it bother them. Too many people just turn a blind eye and shrug their shoulders. The reason for the high prices is indifference and greed. Have a nice day and don't forget to check your oil.

dude, seriously. I'm only going to say this once. Shut the :censored: up and go put your tinfoil hat back on. Seriously. This WAS a civil discussion until you decided to show up with your mindless banter about how its "the system" that's the problem.

technix

Banned
dude, seriously. I'm only going to say this once. Shut the :censored: up and go put your tinfoil hat back on. Seriously. This WAS a civil discussion until you decided to show up with your mindless banter about how its "the system" that's the problem.
The truth hurts? :shok: :blarg:

technix

Banned
Tinfoil hat.

Corner.

NOW.
Another hat comment... not sure why... perhaps, you might consider the comments as accurate.

Prices are high everywhere and especially in Europe. The profits are gigantic... you can look up the stats. The prices will continue to rise... it's funny... they go down briefly so people go about their business and forget about it for the time being. Who said there's no inflation? :biggrin:

Empty_Quarter

Invest in Oil. Its only a matter of time that's its all going to come down crashing, but before that happens, it will make a lot of people very rich :D.

I don't know much about Alberta, but I would think that in a province that produces oil, gas would be cheaper around there :S, I'm shocked to see Alberta's prices higher than Ontario.

Filled gas yesterday @ 111c/L

Latest posts

Twitter