What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Gas Prices

rjbarker

It's cheaper but they also make way less.
Assuming that all Mexicans are extremely poor is a "myth"...yes they do have their poor population of folks (more so then many other Countries), but remember just how many folks live in that Country (population of Canada in Mexico City alone, Quadalajara 8 million, Acapulco 3 million etc etc).....but I can honestly say there is a HUGE population of wealthy and middle class Mexicans...go to Mexico..spend some time their as me n my wife do every winter and you'll be amazed at seeing the Mexican wealth!!....and the incredibly low cost of living ;) .....FYI...Professionals in Mexico have wages that are comparative to US / Canada....Professionals...not fruit pickers, bartenders or bus drivers...I'm talking Dr's, Lawyers, Air Craft Techs, Pilots etc etc...

My wife and myself have some very good Mexican friends that live in Quadalajara, Puerto Vallarta, Hermosillo and Ensenada...

Buenos Nochas :thumb:

b1lk1

The one thing that really bothers me about gas prices is how the price goes up on the gas stored in the ground over a 3-5 day period yet the station had paid a set price when that gas was put in the storage tanks. I fail to understand how that gas magically became more valuable when it is a purchased commoditiy.

belgolas

Assuming that all Mexicans are extremely poor is a "myth"...yes they do have their poor population of folks (more so then many other Countries), but remember just how many folks live in that Country (population of Canada in Mexico City alone, Quadalajara 8 million, Acapulco 3 million etc etc).....but I can honestly say there is a HUGE population of wealthy and middle class Mexicans...go to Mexico..spend some time their as me n my wife do every winter and you'll be amazed at seeing the Mexican wealth!!....and the incredibly low cost of living ;) .....FYI...Professionals in Mexico have wages that are comparative to US / Canada....Professionals...not fruit pickers, bartenders or bus drivers...I'm talking Dr's, Lawyers, Air Craft Techs, Pilots etc etc...

My wife and myself have some very good Mexican friends that live in Quadalajara, Puerto Vallarta, Hermosillo and Ensenada...

Buenos Nochas :thumb:
Mexico has improved a lot in the past 20 years. The northern part is fairly wealthy now but 20 years ago they weren't that wealthy. It is also very corrupt especially now. My grandpa used to be very wealthy in Mexico and owned a lot of land. Had a huge house. Then one day the Mexican army came to their property and took their house and said they had to leave. They never knew why. So they moved to Canada after that.

Anyways this is way off topic. I also don't under stand that the same gas that was put in the gas station somehow magically increases in price over night even though they didn't put new gas in. I hate gas companies. The sooner we can be gasoline free the better.

mattlef

supply and demand!

doesnt apply.

Demand for gas is inelastic. So no matter what the price is, demand will always be roughly the same.
They are price fixing, its obvious, and the competition bureau and the gov't aren't really doing anything about it.

Synth

I find it shocking that the fixing of gas prices in Canada seems to be tolerated by the authorities...

But I find it even more shocking to see soccer moms driving six-cylinder SUVs alone, every morning on my way to work.

If I were a big company, and I could screw people left, right and center, get away with it and STILL have them for customers...