What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Gas Prices

On2wheels

Now that gas is on it's way up again, 1.10 in ottawa and no one seems to care, we're all conditioned now to these prices, even the radio stations don't play the high gas price ads anymore. I have to ask you all this cause it seems like I'm the only one at my work who thinks about it:

1. "How high does gas have to go before you start aggressively looking to carpool? (asking people at work, putting up ads at corner stores)"

2. "When will the price of gas start to affect your daily life, for example, when will you decide to not drive as much on weekends or make one trip instead of multiple trips on a weekend?"

3. "Do you feel comfortable in your daily routine and your children's future with our current state of oil and gas prices and how the government and car companies are handling fuel consumption?'

_dangtx_

Banned
over 1.20 here

1-already over
2-a while ago, keep me gas guzzlers for short winter trips
3-nope

FiXT

Hall of Fame
$3.20/ Gallon (.85c/L) in Blaine WA - 2 minutes south of the BC/WA border :biggrin:

A decent 15 minute drive from home though. Worth the weekly $20 savings though.

martin_metal_88

114.9 Here in charlesbourg, Quebec. But, I save more using DIESEL :) 112.3. Concider that according to CAA the price should be 113.4 for regular gas.

Cowboy

I stopped caring about gas prices about 6 months ago when I got rid of my car and bought a nice bike. From then to now, the bike has paid for itself in gas money saved alone; not including what a 20yr old male would save on insurance (Legalized theft). I think I've actually "made" money by switching to a bike.

LarkStarr

the HST adds on that 8% remember. gas would be just above a dollar otherwise, which is pretty standard for the last year or so. it would be more prudent to say we had really cheap (relatively) prices earlier this month.

Arinoth

Staff member
the HST adds on that 8% remember. gas would be just above a dollar otherwise, which is pretty standard for the last year or so. it would be more prudent to say we had really cheap (relatively) prices earlier this month.

It does and it doesn't. If you ever looked at the pumps at gas stations that gave you the tax break down on gas and in at least ontario there was both gst and pst already on gas. Glad to see the government needs to take even more to waste on crap.

Latest posts