What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Gateway NV58 Laptop issue

plutomok

Specs:
15.6" Core 2 Duo T6600, Geforce G210m, 4GB Ram, 500GB HDD, WIN7

Anyways I bought this laptop January 2010. It has been working solid ever since...it gets the job done. The battery has consistently lasted at least 3 hours on a full charge.
I use HWINFO64 to monitor the wear level (of course over time its capacity has depleted) and last time i checked was about two months ago and wear level was at about 18%.

THE PROBLEM:
Last night i used my laptop on battery for about 2 hours, then shut it off.
This morning I noticed the battery would no longer charge, it stays at 18%.
I checked HWINFO64 and it shows a wear level of 29% - which is fine considering its two years old.

Now is the battery truely dead? wouldnt that mean it would show a significantly higher wear level and capacity? its rated at 44 mAh and shows a max of about 33mAh....

I have tried replugging the battery on and off the laptop, and held down the power button in attempt to completely drain it, but hasnt worked. still at 18% and it wont even go into sleep mode on that charge
Soooo.....is it dead?

Thanks.

Last edited:

JJThomp

did you do the remove battery, hold down power for 1 minute plug in to wall and turn on (without putting the battery back in.

plutomok

did you do the remove battery, hold down power for 1 minute plug in to wall and turn on (without putting the battery back in.
yeah it works fine without the battery
since doing that i put the battery back in and restarted, now it shows 19%....but still not charging

Latest posts

Twitter