What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Gentle Typhoon alternatives

geoc

Ap-14 and Ap15 fans have been hard to find and expensive for the longest time, is there a strong alternative out there?

lowfat

Staff member
Noiseblocker eLoops but I am not sure they have all that much better availability in Canada. Every other radiator fan is IMO quite a step down in terms of noise to performance.

dustin1706

Noctua if you can handle the colour. eloops and fractal silent R2 are actually pretty good noise/CFM ratio alternatives as well.

mistermenphis22

eLoops are pretty good. They are pricey though, around 25 each.
Noctuas are pretty good as well, but they are pricey as well at 25 a pop.
Someone here mentioned the Helix, which I heard a while back was a copy of the AP-15. I would give those a shot as they are the cheapest generally, but I cannot vouch for their performance.

Once you start going into the semi-noisy area there are many that can compete.
Heard great things about Corsairs line of fans, not the silent editions, the regular ones, just downvolt them to your liking.

Dazmode

The real alternative (i.e the same class of product) to GT is not generic fans being discussed, but other industrial fans such as Delta, Sanyo Denki (San Ace), ADDA. Ball bearing, bigger motor, huge MTBF...

The only problem they are not low noise optimized as they are made to work forever in mainframes, servers and telecom boxes where noise is not issue, but heat, dirt and high temperatures.

Out of cheap sleeve bearing designs better results come from fans with simple thin blades. Typically colored, fat blades are rather awful on radiators.

enaberif

The real alternative (i.e the same class of product) to GT is not generic fans being discussed, but other industrial fans such as Delta, Sanyo Denki (San Ace), ADDA. Ball bearing, bigger motor, huge MTBF...

The only problem they are not low noise optimized as they are made to work forever in mainframes, servers and telecom boxes where noise is not issue, but heat, dirt and high temperatures.

Out of cheap sleeve bearing designs better results come from fans with simple thin blades. Typically colored, fat blades are rather awful on radiators.

LOL people who are using radiators are either those looking for better cooling, less noise or both. Delta and Sanyo fans are NOT quiet by any means.

lowfat

Staff member
I am using 6 Denki’s on my radiator right now and at full speed it sounds like a jet taking off. Even at below startup voltage their are far from quiet.

Latest posts

Twitter