What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

geoforce gtx 560ti , 3 monitors

WolfBane

i am wanting to setup 3 24" monitors can i do it with this card?
and if so how does one go about this please?

Arinoth

Staff member
Nope, you have to run 2 GTX 569 Tis in SLI in order to do this. Only AMD cards (higher end stuff) can actually run 3 monitors on the single card. Typically it is recommended to have 2 cards running 3 monitors as well its a lot of pixels for one card to handle (and Frames per second dramatically drop going from 1 to 3 monitors on a single card)

WolfBane

i have a gtx 275 could i install that with the gtx 560ti and make that work ?

Ok so what can i sell these 2 cards for and what two cards could i buy used and how much roughly would that cost me ?
I would really love 3 monitors!!!
Also what if i used a tripple head to go would that do it ?

bissa

Nope, you have to run 2 GTX 569 Tis in SLI in order to do this. Only AMD cards (higher end stuff) can actually run 3 monitors on the single card. Typically it is recommended to have 2 cards running 3 monitors as well its a lot of pixels for one card to handle (and Frames per second dramatically drop going from 1 to 3 monitors on a single card)

I didn't know there was such a thing as a 569 :p
one of my friends uses a 460 as the computing card then a couple 8800s to allow for more outputs since they are cheap.

bissa

you can, but if you are planning on gaming across all 3 screens it might start choking up trying to run all of that on the limited resources.

WolfBane

Ok lol whats a like new with all box papers etc etc worth new or would it be a good trade for a amd eyefinity vid card ?
i will put it for trade or sale if i know what to ask , don't want to rob people lol
i know what i paid for the card in august tho :)

Arinoth

Staff member
No, you cannot do this. You cannot SLI two different generation cards and SLI is REQUIRED to run nvidia surround gaming. If you want just 3 monitors running for regular web browsing, word editing you can do this, however if its for gaming you cannot

Bissa, typo, meant 560.

WolfBane

yea i am wanting it for gaming :)\ So i am gonna have to buy another gtx 560ti it looks like :)
i assume with these sli'ed then i could do as you are saying:)

Arinoth

Staff member
You would be able to however, some games on highest settings or with AA cranked the 1GB vRAM on the 560 Tis will start to show and cause you to not be able to run the game at say Ultra settings without running round 20-30 fps

Latest posts