What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Getting BSOD's like a *****

Kayen

This is reallllly annoying me.
Ever since i reaseembled my computer ... when i first booted i got "NTDLR (or something like that)" missing.
So i was like okay ... time for a reformat, so i wiped the drive, installed Windows 7 ... kept BSODing, even during the install .... took me 4 hours to get it ( many attempts , and my hard drive is slow as molasses), like , it pissed me off. SO i finally got it installed .... kept BSODing , and after a few times ... i got the "NTDLR missing" again. So i was like okay, be that way.

Installed XP, same issue as before.
I've tried clearing the CMOS , flashing a new BIOS onto the board, and i still keep BSODING LIKE MAD.

Heck, now the boot menu isn't even cooperated with me, as i'm attempting ot install Linux Mint.
It won't boot from CD , and i'm getting that that stupid NTDLR message... :angry2:

NOT HAPPY.
Oh and during my antivirus install when iwas on 7, (and even last week , it said something about system time inaccurate, blah blah blah and it would affect virus updates).
OH, AND no IM CLIENTS HAVE BEEN WORKING ON EITHER CLIENT .. even after a wipe and reformat ... i'm getting the same errors with pidgin, windows live messenger.
WLM won't sign me in ... and pidgin just crashes.
I tried portforwarding.
Oh, and firefox keeps asking me about all this security crap. This one error started occuring after one hibernate, i don't know why these errors still occur even after reformat. LIKE HOW DOES IT CARRY OVER .

I am sitting on a P3, with below 100mb of ram. It's inconveivably slow. I want my computer to work T_T.

Any help guys?

bissa

what is the error code? once you find that try googleing it. the error code is the hex code near the bottom.

belinik

Heck, now the boot menu isn't even cooperated with me, as i'm attempting ot install Linux Mint.
It won't boot from CD , and i'm getting that that stupid NTDLR message... :angry2:

Linux should have nothing to do with NTDLR

It sounds like you have a memory issue. Did you try memtest86?

Kayen

That's what i'm thinking ... why am i getting that message when linux has nothing to do with that message.
HDD may be dead, but i have nothing but IDE drives.

Also, i BSOD's are too damn quick for me to get a message.
Anywho, i sent computer to an IT relative of mine, see whats wrong.
I have no parts to test with =S . All other computers in the house are older platforms.

Only newer platform is one i just received .. AM2+ board w/ Sempron (from lowfat) , and 512mb DDR2 ...
so only the ram is usable ..

3.0charlie

3.0 "I kill SR2's" Charlie
Then use the ram first, then use the IDE HDD to test. If it confirms that the SATA HDD you have is dead, buy a new one and image the IDE drive onto the new SATA.

Kayen

Alright, i'll give it a try once i get the rig back.
A couple of the BSOD's had this counting to memory dump up to 100, then bam restart.

I didn't really pay much attention. because i was raging everytime i saw the screen .

KaptCrunch

check your power connections to HDD and the IDE ribbon cable. had killed a HDD due to loose power

belinik

I assume your linux disk did not boot up properly and it tried to boot your hard drive...

anyhow.

to track your bsod code:

Right click MY COMPUTER and then PROPERTIES
Click ADVANCED and then click the SETTINGS button In the Startup And RECOVERY section
Uncheck AUTOMATICALLY RESTART. Click APPLY and OK.

Copy down the error code on paper.. and post it here

Like what I said earlier...

try memtest86, do a run or 2 and see if there is any error
then do a full chkdsk(scandisk) to check if there is any bad sector(or use disk tool provided by your hard drive company)

Chances are the following(similiar what charlie and I mentioned)
- Bad memory (memtest)
- Bad hard drive (chkdsk or disk tool)
- Loose connector(unplug and replug everything)
- Bad power supply

Kayen

Bad memory according to my uncle.
But he says it's odd that when he tested each module seperately, in each slot .... just when both were used in conjunction there were problems in memtest.

Latest posts

Twitter