What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Gigabyte’s A88X FM2+ Motherboards Detailed

EmptyMellon

Kaveri’s intrinsic capabilities

Can't wait to see, what "Kaveri’s intrinsic capabilities" hold. :ph34r:

SKYMTL

HardwareCanuck Review Editor
Staff member
You read wrong. Still on track for a 2013 release. :)

Overclocking.ca

I have the A10 6800K and I was going to get a FM2 board but I will wait for the FM2+ as they look to be better and some nicer colour schemes. It would be wicked if Gigabyte came out with a Sniper mATX version.

Dead Things

Though I am wondering why Gigabyte actually built a high end gaming board for Kaveri.
Some time ago, AMD suggested they would be easing themselves out of the high-end desktop sphere and focusing on desktop APUs and server CPUs. Current reports suggest that AMD has no plans to release a Steamroller FX series of CPUs. If that's true, then the FX-9590 may be the last hurrah in terms of high-end desktop CPUs from AMD, which would mean there will not be a successor to AM3+. As such, FM2+ and its successors will represent the highest end for AMD's desktop parts going forward. So it appears that Gigabyte is transitioning its focus now, and I'm sure that others will begin to do likewise as AMD's plans for the FX-series come into focus.