What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Gigabyte GA-880GMA-UD2H- crossfire

johnnyblazzwa

does anyone know if this board would support a low profile dual GPU crossfire setup?

it has 2 pcie 16 slots(one 16x one 4x) so it may seem like a dumb question but gigabyte makes no reference to dual gpu crossfire on the site nor can i find any reviews whee they crossfired it.
also if you notice the pcei 16 slots are really close together which would be a problem i dont think with low pro cards however im starting to thin this board doesn't allow 2 gpu's

GIGABYTE - Motherboard - Socket AM3 - GA-880GMA-UD2H (rev. 2.2)

spikexp

It will support crossfire, but it would be to hard to find single slot video card to crossfire. I don't think crossfire require anything special except from having 2 physical PCI-E16X.

And unlike what many people say about crossfire/sli, 16x/16x, 8x/8x, 16x/4x, hell even 4x/4x
the difference in performance is of the order of 5%, 1FPS in most game with gtx 480, so you don't need to care about this (you didn't ask, but it's important to say it).

spikexp

... Yeah, but still the card would be really close, they would have difficulty to breathe. Probably hard to find crossfire bridge that small (unless they are flexible?) xD
I think it would be better to buy 1 good card than 2 small 5770.

_dangtx_

Banned
or do the driver thing and stick 2 nv's on the cheap there? gonna be loud though.

the 4x slot wil lslow you down a bit, not enough to ruin your fun! :)

johnnyblazzwa

or do the driver thing and stick 2 nv's on the cheap there? gonna be loud though.

the 4x slot wil lslow you down a bit, not enough to ruin your fun! :)
nv's? i was thinking possibly 2 5570's but now that i know there's a low profile 5770 i might go that route when the time come if i can actually find one because it seems impossible to find

on top of that i'm still not convinced this board can run dual gpu's because it says nothing of such on he gig site, on best direct where i was going to purchase, cant find one on the net using both slots ect. Such a pain in the ass that there is only like 3 possible choices for an am3 matx with 2 pcei16, one of them is too expensive, ones a jetway, and one is this gigabyte with no notification that it runs or does not run multi gpu's
really suprised that there isn't more choice out there in terms of matx /low profile gaming. everything's been getting smaller over the years except gaming pc's

ilya

really suprised that there isn't more choice out there in terms of matx /low profile gaming. everything's been getting smaller over the years except gaming pc's
If that's what you want, you have no choice but to go Intel. AMD offerings are either crappy or nonexistent, due to the lack of competition from AMD. I faced a similar dilemma a while back when I was building my SFF folding/gaming rig.

_dangtx_

Banned
nvidia cards, but theres nothing much thats that skinny and interesting, maybe a 450 or 460...

if both are connected to the same controller yup. if not, performance could suffer, i hear :)

johnnyblazzwa

If that's what you want, you have no choice but to go Intel. AMD offerings are either crappy or nonexistent, due to the lack of competition from AMD. I faced a similar dilemma a while back when I was building my SFF folding/gaming rig.
yeah it sucks, made a post a year ago looking for a matx crossfire am3 board and at that time there was only one(jetway).

I've also noticed that intel has them. I'm not apposed to going intel per say but i am apposed to paying 150+ for an i-5 when i'll have a perfect good 550 to use when i upgrade my main rig(or go the athlon x3 route).

this gigabyte looks decent enough if it crossfires(4x4 crossfire doesn't brother me) but im not convinced that it does and dont want to spend an extra 50 bucks on a board if i'm goning to have a useless 2nd pcei slot(woudn't even be able to use a revo on it because i want a low profile build)