What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Gigabyte GA-M61P-S3 .. mATX?

barrist

Hey I just ordered this motherboard from directcanada, and on the site it says that its an mATX board, but when i searched for it on google, etc.. it says its a normal ATX form factor. That's what it said on Gigabyte's page as well. I have a feeling i'll be sending this board back. Anyone know?

BALISTX

It looks like a full ATX board, It might be a typo on the DirectCanada web site, I would go by the manufactures site.

barrist

Yeah that's what im starting to realize. The customer support guy said i'd have to RMA it if its the wrong one.. what a hassle.

G

Form Factor - ATX form factor; 30.5 cm x 21.4cm
microATX (also known as µATX) is a small PC motherboard standard, with a maximum size of 9.6"×9.6" (244mm×244 mm) (the standard ATX size is 12"×9.6" maximum, 305 mm × 244 mm). microATX boards with integrated graphics are often used by motherboard manufacturers as a basis for small form factor and media center PCs.
It's ATX

barrist

So shouldn't DirectPC take back the motherboard since the mistake was on their part for stating that it was an mATX board? I shouldn't have to go through the RMA process do i?

sswilson

Staff member
I certainly wouldn't expect to be paying for any shipping if it was misrepresented on their webpage.

SKYMTL

HardwareCanuck Review Editor
Staff member
Funny how it is STILL stating mATX even after it was brought to the attention of a CSR.

SKYMTL

HardwareCanuck Review Editor
Staff member
It was changed immediately on DC as well.....:shok:

Latest posts

Twitter