What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD9. 7 PCI-e X16.

matsta31

I understand the folder appeal, but 7 PCI-E ? isn't there something else a Board producers could do instead of participating in a contest of the most PCI-E in a ATX board contest ?

Boring......

martin_metal_88

I understand the folder appeal, but 7 PCI-E ? isn't there something else a Board producers could do instead of participating in a contest of the most PCI-E in a ATX board contest ?

Boring......
+1, I would prefer board with better option like integrated GOOD wi-fi or more SATA and hot swap one or with a good quality full prebuild waterblock. I fold and I seriously don't want 7X PCI-e.

The Destroyer

I'd like to see the PSU and Benchmarks to run 7 PCI-E. Even though only single slots will fit but still would like to see what kind of crazy benchmarks are possible with this thing! :shok:

Fudd Rucker

Why havent boards just adopted pci express and leave the old standards in the dust? Personally im sick of the premium on pci express since its been around so long there really shouldnt be any reason to make it something special to have a lot of slots for it or just pci express standard motherboard all around. PCI standards are hopefully going out like AGP and ISA and we can finally get faster hardware all around.

CMetaphor

Quadfather
Is the board really coloured grayscale? Man that would be so kickass
B&W picture methinks...

I somewhat understand the use of x16 slots everywhere. This allows the most flexibility possible, meaning that any PCIe card, whether its 1x or x16, will fit on any slot on the board. And presuming that the PCIe bandwidth/lanes are arranged properly to give an x16 card its full width and x1s theirs as well, I don't see a problem with it. Hopefully its intelligent enough to do that. PCI is pretty much toast anyways.

Jackquelegs

Believe me I would love to have a Grayscale board. It'd look kickass.

I see what you guys are saying about the Audio and variety. However do understand that this is not a board for everyone :haha:

Musabi

+1, I would prefer board with better option like integrated GOOD wi-fi or more SATA and hot swap one or with a good quality full prebuild waterblock. I fold and I seriously don't want 7X PCI-e.
Do you find the Wi-Fi on the asus boards to be too horrible? I have used it for about 3~ years for my parents computers and it seems to hold up nicely!

Twitter