What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Gigabyte Z490 Aorus Master and Gigabyte 5700xt, display port does not work.

crazyea

My son bought a Gigabyte Z490 Aorus Master yesterday, and after hooking everything up, we don't get any video signal over Display Port. He is using a Gigabyte 5700XT. 10700f cpu. Corsair 3200mhz memory (tried one stick only as well) Corsair 750 PSU.

It's a really weird scenario. We also tried swapping in my RTX 2060 and experience the same problem. My RTX 2060 is a known good card.

We set everything up outside the case, only power and keyboard connected. Same thing.

Flashed the bios to the latest. Same thing.

Checked the motherboard for damage. None.

HDMI works fine with both cards.

Looking around on google it seems like a very high rate of this or similar issues with these Gigabyte motherboards.

Will try swapping for an Asus MB later today.

Fingers crossed.

In the meantime, has anyone else here experienced this phenomenon?

Bond007

displayport on the 2 different GPUs isn't working? That is very odd, and I haven't come accross that before. Any time I have seen a similar issue, it was a problem with the GPU or the GPU drivers.

The only thing I can think of is if there is a conflicting driver from a motherboard video driver, or needing to set pcie as the primary video source in the bios.

Vittra

Try this:

Make sure the UEFI/BIOS is set to UEFI/EFI mode and not BIOS mode or even with legacy options enabled. It varies - some motherboards specifically mention "Secure Boot", Gigabyte should reference "CSM" - disable that and then also make sure the "Windows 10 mode" is set correctly too.

If this works, it's because the GPUs are running UEFI/EFI and need the motherboard to be set as such.

crazyea

I swapped for an Asus Z490-e Strix and it worked first boot. To heck with Gigabyte. Lol

crazyea

displayport on the 2 different GPUs isn't working? That is very odd, and I haven't come accross that before. Any time I have seen a similar issue, it was a problem with the GPU or the GPU drivers.

The only thing I can think of is if there is a conflicting driver from a motherboard video driver, or needing to set pcie as the primary video source in the bios.

There was no video when turning the power on. Never mind windows. Nothing to do with a driver. And nothing to do with primary video source either as the hdmi worked perfectly.

Anyway, like I said, I changed to an Asus motherboard and there was video immediately. There should be no troubleshooting like this when you buy a gigabyte mb and a gigabyte gpu. Especially of the same generation. It should just work together. And that gigabyte bios is pure nonsense compared to Asus.

Bond007

There was no video when turning the power on. Never mind windows. Nothing to do with a driver. And nothing to do with primary video source either as the hdmi worked perfectly.

Anyway, like I said, I changed to an Asus motherboard and there was video immediately. There should be no troubleshooting like this when you buy a gigabyte mb and a gigabyte gpu. Especially of the same generation. It should just work together. And that gigabyte bios is pure nonsense compared to Asus.
Agreed. At least you have it sorted!

crazyea

Try this:

Make sure the UEFI/BIOS is set to UEFI/EFI mode and not BIOS mode or even with legacy options enabled. It varies - some motherboards specifically mention "Secure Boot", Gigabyte should reference "CSM" - disable that and then also make sure the "Windows 10 mode" is set correctly too.

If this works, it's because the GPUs are running UEFI/EFI and need the motherboard to be set as such.

I wanted to update this. For full disclosure in case it helps anyone else.

This is with the Asus board now. After returning the Gigabyte one.

Everything worked outside the case.

Everything worked inside the case.

But.

Once I put the win 10 usb install into a port we no longer got any signal.

After this, no matter what we did, even with the usb key removed, we couldn't get the signal back.

We spent hours on this, on Saturday and Sunday. My whole weekend helping my son.

But, then, we took the battery out. I put my screw driver on the crtc jumper.

Bam. Signal returned.

Usb key in again.

No signal.

Battery out. crtc jumper.

Signal.

Now onto what @Vittra tra said. make sure uefi, no legacy was set.

Well, my friends, it was the exact opposite.

I set windows to boot "OTHER OS". CSM to LEGACY.

EVERYTHING NOW WORKS WITHOUT ISSUES.

What a pain the Buttocks. LOL.

I apologize to Gigabyte on a hardware level. But Damn, those bios were nasty haha, no apologies there,

Thanks guys.

Vittra

Makes sense - opposite side of the issue. The GPUs were likely running in legacy/BIOS and needed CSM/Legacy on to communicate with motherboard.

I remember these types of things being an issue both when the 5700 and 2060 respectively launched which is why it occurred to me when I read this thread.

Latest posts