What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Gigabyte Z87X-OC Force Photo preview

AkG

I must admit this mobo interests me...but those two fans worry me. How loud are they (ie how 'bout a sneaky peaky :p)?

G777

Nice, I opted for the regular OC version.

Looking forward to seeing the review, and maybe some scores on the bot:ph34r::biggrin:

lowfat

Staff member
I don't like orange otherwise this would be the board I would buy. What are you using for videocards that you required the PLX chip?

great_big_abyss

Can you disable the fans in the bios? or, short of that, unplug them? Seems to me they would be superfluous if you ever decide to watercool using the built-in barbs.

EDIT: Well, I see where the chipset fan is plugged in, but I can't see where the plug for the VRM fan is.

KylSp

Built in barbs, after people constantly said barbs on the M5Formula were stupid compared to a G 1/4 port. Gigabyte a step behind as always.

wirerogue

wow, lots of little buttons. hooray, the turbo button is back.

kirbster

I must admit this mobo interests me...but those two fans worry me. How loud are they (ie how 'bout a sneaky peaky :p)?
Fans are quieter than the OEM Intel fan. With it running on my bench i cannot really hear them, so in a case, they would be silent.

Just starting to get the system up and running now.
The bios on this thing is a leap forward.
How about voltages in .01 increments?
How about a nice hi-res, mouse friendly bios that is fully customizable. Or the ability to switch back to a more traditional bios?
I may be spending quite a bit of time with this board. Lots to play with.

Can you disable the fans in the bios? or, short of that, unplug them? Seems to me they would be superfluous if you ever decide to watercool using the built-in barbs.

EDIT: Well, I see where the chipset fan is plugged in, but I can't see where the plug for the VRM fan is.
I do not see an option in the bios, still looking. But they can be easily unplugged.

Not sure water cooling is even necessary unless you start pushing bclk.

I don't like orange otherwise this would be the board I would buy. What are you using for videocards that you required the PLX chip?
I generally do not play with multi-gpu setups. Not sure how i will test that feature. Anyone want to volunteer some cards? :biggrin:

Last edited by a moderator:

kirbster

Nice, I opted for the regular OC version.

Looking forward to seeing the review, and maybe some scores on the bot:ph34r::biggrin:
Hoping to dig into this a bit over the next few weeks.
Budget would only allow a 4670K, but I may delid. Although early testing of this sample shows decent temperatures.
Just threw 1.35V at it and already hit 4.9ghz on water. Not 100% stable but this was quite literally a 3 minute attempt. temps in low 70s under load.

Will take a stab at the overclocking competitions, but a 4770K would have got me a lot further.
Could use some faster ram as well, but budget is blown already.

Any suggestions for memory that wont break the bank? Currently using Gskill 2133. Thinking about Trident X 2400.

Twitter