What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Go Oilers Go!

proxy

CrazyHorse has it down, they're lower in PPG than the Blues and the Blues have games in hand.

The winning streak was a mirage driven by unsustainable percentages. The only team they outplayed was Calgary, and unless Hall goes crazy each and every game, but expecting hattricks and/or 5 points from him each game is a bit much.

They don't have the horses to run with a good team. They need 3 more reliable D, a good backup/1B goaltender, and an entire 4th line.

Highlights the wastage of 2x4th round picks for Brown and Smithson when better players were available for free on the waiver wire. Also fun to note that the Oilers are now out of the running for college UFA signings since they are at the 50 man contract cap. To be clear, 4th round picks and college UFA signings have a low percentage chance of becoming quality NHL players, however, Brown and Smithson have zero chance of that already being established as replacement level AHL players.

Tambellini and Lowe have to go, the only good move they made this entire season was the Smid deal, and Smid very badly wanted to stay here.

proxy

I don't get why Edmonton fans were booing the team for that 4-1 Calgary loss. They should have been chanting "Fire Lowe!, Fire Tambellini!". Wonder when the fan base is actually going to catch on that the team is being run incompetently.

GregH

I don't get why Edmonton fans were booing the team for that 4-1 Calgary loss. They should have been chanting "Fire Lowe!, Fire Tambellini!". Wonder when the fan base is actually going to catch on that the team is being run incompetently.

Fire Mac-T! :bleh:

Wish they'd just hurry up & get rid of Lowe though. Sounds like the Edmonton media ripped into him (finally!) pretty good at the press conference this morning and his only defence seemed to be "but I've won 5 Cups..."

Yeah, as a player on a stacked team. What have you done as GM/President you bozo?

Also, this was hilarious: Down Goes Brown: The other former Oiler players interviewed by Kevin Lowe for the general manager job

Last edited:

grinder

Tambo is gone, that's good new. The better news for Oilers Fans is this

Lowe is next

proxy

MacTavish says all the right things, but we'll see. Would prefer Tambellini as coach and a comprehensive search for a qualified GM. Oh well, MacTavish could be good, we'll see. Too bad Lowe didn't get the boot though.

proxy

I can't believe they pulled the same shit they did with Hall on Hopkins. Buddy should have been shut down around January. Now he won't be ready till probably November, and it'll likely take till December for him to be in game shape.

Nicely done Oilers Management. **** Tambellini.

GregH

I can't believe they pulled the same shit they did with Hall on Hopkins. Buddy should have been shut down around January. Now he won't be ready till probably November, and it'll likely take till December for him to be in game shape.

Nicely done Oilers Management. **** Tambellini.

Sadly, I can believe it. Went down that same path with Hemsky too...and Souray...and like you mentioned, Hall.

Now we're the proud owners of the "longest period without playoffs" streak (7 years) since the Leafs sealed their spot in this years playoffs.

Can't even mock the Flames any more since they're now ahead of us too.

Latest posts

Twitter