What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Good Motherboard for the 1155 socket

TomMiller

So im going to be going Intel soon once i get the money for the i7 2600K and since im on a AMD platform im going to need a new Mobo and im not sure what motherboard i should get. Its going to for Video Encoding and gaming so i wan't a Crossfire and SLI motherboard since ive got a 6850 ATM and if i wan't to get another 6850 well you already know :D. I want a good motherboard for overclocking aswell since im getting a Corsair H60 or a H80 so i can OC it. So what's a good motherboard for it that isn't so expensive ill need to take money out of my savings :p.TY in advance :D

keto

Stick with ASUS, if you can go about $220 the V-Pro Gen3 is what I'm on and it's super.

I don't like Gigabyte's implementation of voltage regulation and control on 1155 - can't use offset + LLC at the same time, unless they've changed their bioses...which I had read that they said they had no intention of changing. This was the main reason I got rid of my Z68 Giga board.

TomMiller

Thanks for the input. Looked at the Asus V-PRO Gen 3 motherboard and it looks amazing. PCIE 3.0 and other goodies perfect for me. For the SSD. i might buy a low capacity SSD for a low price strictly for boot then go for a 10,000 RPM drive for storage then buy another 1TB Drive and stick my current one into a RAID-0 for recording for my YT channel.Mobo looks promising :D

Twitter