What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Google+ takes on Facebook

b1lk1

Sure. Google will outdo them then with that argument. Google always wins.

Guess you haven't paid attention to the Nortel auctions that every other tech giant (MS/Apple/RIM/etc..) bid on and won hte patent rights and Google won nothing. Gonna make any future for Google much more difficult patent wise when it comes to cell phone tech and wireless tech.

Google already owns everything, why not own everyone, and their info?

This is why I will never understand why people are so forgiving of Google. They are an evil entity that keeps 7 years of everything stored at a time. For those not wise enough to not poast personal info, that is out there all that amount of time thanks to Google. I don't trust them myself.

Empty_Quarter

Google will be what we have come to know as either 1) skynet, 2) the matrix.

Either way, the result is not good.

victor

Playing the same game

g02.jpg

So, any invites?

NI3

Guess you haven't paid attention to the Nortel auctions that every other tech giant (MS/Apple/RIM/etc..) bid on and won hte patent rights and Google won nothing. Gonna make any future for Google much more difficult patent wise when it comes to cell phone tech and wireless tech.

This is why I will never understand why people are so forgiving of Google. They are an evil entity that keeps 7 years of everything stored at a time. For those not wise enough to not poast personal info, that is out there all that amount of time thanks to Google. I don't trust them myself.

Seeing as Google already tracks ever page visit, every search, everything pretty much, and timestamps it all, they really will know everything about a person. My sister had things dating back to early 2010, and that is only because she started using a different gmail account then, her other account could be from even further back. If they become a large enough ISP they will control the ENTIRE INTERNET!

Oh god, run, run to the hills. QUICK! FLEE! FLEEEEE!

And Google acts like they are just some innocent company :ph34r:

Socrates_Johnston

if google+ becomes large enough, facebook will buy them and any proprietary technology google's platform is based on; either that or google+ will become a legitimate contender.

it's a win-win situation for google...that is unless google+ totally bombs.

MAC

Associate Review Editor

Just to be clear, Google were not seriously trying to win those patents.

They simply wanted to run up the price, just like they did with the U.S 4G spectrum auction and Skype.

It is a game for them, kind of shakes things up a bit.

b1lk1

Just to be clear, Google were not seriously trying to win those patents.

They simply wanted to run up the price, just like they did with the U.S 4G spectrum auction and Skype.

It is a game for them, kind of shakes things up a bit.

Considering they bid $900M and the final was $4.5B it is painfully obvious they were not trying to win. As for running it up, I don't see it since they were never even really part of the action.

MAC

Associate Review Editor
Considering they bid $900M and the final was $4.5B it is painfully obvious they were not trying to win. As for running it up, I don't see it since they were never even really part of the action.

I think you need to read this to get a better picture of how it went down.

Latest posts