What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Google's new Nexus 7 tablet by ASUS, for $209

Eluder

when you don't want to pay more for the 16GB version
What do you mean, same price on Google Play, unless you count the 99 cent difference.

FYI, guys. Get ready to be HUGELY annoyed with the keyboard. There's no way to move or lock the virtual Home button.....which just so happens to be about 1cm below the spacebar. Ugh!
Isn't it the same on the Galaxy Nexus?
Haven't found an issue using the GN with this, so I don't think I'll have any issues with the Nexus 7.

Last edited by a moderator:

Arinoth

Staff member
Apparently the only way to cancel my order now and get a full refund (including shipping) is to refuse the shipment when it gets to me.

Seeing as I'd like it physically in my hands rather then wait another week or two for it to get here I'm going to do that.

JD

Staff member
Well my 8GB is out for delivery today.

Considering it shipped on Monday and was supposed to be "2 day shipping", it's surely taken a lot longer.

JD

Staff member
This post coming from my Nexus 7!

So far it's pretty nice, but of course I'll need to use it more. HWC doesn't load too slowly in Chrome.

JD

Staff member
No issues opening mine, I think these people just don't know how to open things :whistle:

Arinoth

Staff member
Didn't have any issues opening mine either, though I can't seem to get past/do anything other then unlock it and/or flash it to stock. Anything else doesn't seem to work towards rooting it (still works, I haven't rooted it, just none of the several windows drivers out there seem to work for me)

Generic User #2

What do you mean, same price on Google Play, unless you count the 99 cent difference.

Isn't it the same on the Galaxy Nexus?
Haven't found an issue using the GN with this, so I don't think I'll have any issues with the Nexus 7.

cost of 8GB nexus from Google play <= cost of 16GB nexus from NCIX

yes, you get more bang per dollar from the ncix 16GB version EXCEPT in the case where the buyer doesn't care about the amount of space on the device.

Arinoth

Staff member
There we go, had to do it manually seeing as the Toolkit wasn't working for me. Unlocked, Rooted and custom ROM running.

If anyone has issues unlocking and more importantly rooting their N7 and getting CWM installed on it, lemme know and I'll help you out.

Latest posts