What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Google's new Nexus 7 tablet by ASUS, for $209

Eluder

cost of 8GB nexus from Google play <= cost of 16GB nexus from NCIX

yes, you get more bang per dollar from the ncix 16GB version EXCEPT in the case where the buyer doesn't care about the amount of space on the device.

I wanted the 16GB, so I guess retail worked out in my favour.

JD

Staff member
There we go, had to do it manually seeing as the Toolkit wasn't working for me. Unlocked, Rooted and custom ROM running.

If anyone has issues unlocking and more importantly rooting their N7 and getting CWM installed on it, lemme know and I'll help you out.

I'm curious, why put a custom ROM on it already?

Arinoth

Staff member
People have found that the CM10 yields them better battery life, some times by a few hours (of idle)

SKYMTL

HardwareCanuck Review Editor
Staff member
My girlfriend got hers two days ago. Battery life with WiFi on + screen at 75% is about 5 hours. Not that great IMO....

JD

Staff member
Mines been on for 10h today thus far and I'm at 49% battery.

Obviously haven't used it for that long, but I've done all my browsing on it today rather than on my computer. Probably around 4-5h.

Arinoth

Staff member
Man I love using this thing over my phone for anything really, looking forward to my SGS getting Jelly Bean ROM (non-alpha).

A very great app to get, that's only 3$, is Tablet Talk. It allows you to bluetooth or wireless tether your tablet to your phone in order to make/receive calls or text messages.

Eluder

So mine delivered yesterday from BBY and I'm really liking the device.
It's the perfect size, fits great in my hand, and the rubber backing gives it a nice grip.
The device itself is quick, and has a nice screen too. No issues with the screen popping out or light bleed from what I've seen, so all good so far.
Definitely worth the money if you ask me.

SKYMTL

HardwareCanuck Review Editor
Staff member
My only real issue is the limitation of Maps alongside Navigation. Without 3G / 4G / LTE, Navigation is absolutely pointless since whenever you aren't within WiFi range, the Maps don't work! I know there is a Map Cache but it only seems to cache about 100 square KM. Highly limiting IMO.

Anyone know if there is a way around this??

Latest posts