What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Got a Hacker problem.

Gonzo

Got a hacker getting into my computer via the Internet. No Virus/Malware and OS reinstalled 2x. Win 10 Home x64. When Microsoft was remotely repairing damage done by hacker, hacker actually replied to a question from the tech by typing OK in the Chat Box.

Tried to re-install Windows a couple times with only the SSD and Opticals and deleting all partitions on drive using Windows Install.

Also concerned that one of these partitions (https://imgur.com/nxCIQaj) was created by the hacker.

In the last 2 days 2 files were downloaded onto my computer and one of the files suggest the hacker is an ex-family member or at least associated.

Any ideas of blocking this person would be much appreciated.

Last edited:

sswilson

Staff member
Got a hacker getting into my computer via the Internet. No Virus/Malware and OS reinstalled 2x. Win 10 Home x64. When Microsoft was remotely repairing damage done by hacker, hacker actually replied to a question from the tech by typing OK in the Chat Box.

Also concerned that one of these partitions (https://imgur.com/nxCIQaj) was created by the hacker.

In the last 2 days 2 files were downloaded onto my computer and one of the files suggest the hacker is an ex-family member or at least associated.

How exactly did this come about? How did you convince Microsoft to do remote maintenance on your PC?

What browser are you using? Have you completely uninstalled that browser / tried a different one?

Aside from that... the only thing I can suggest is to try a completely fresh install on a different HDD (with all current storage devices disconnected/removed). If you do have a nasty that isn't showing up in AV software, restoring a previously saved image might very well be restoring something that's already infected.

That said.... this really sounds suspicious. Most cases like this aren't hacks.

Shadowmeph

How do you know that it is actually Microsoft accessing you remotely? I know that there are people out there claiming to be from Microsoft asking access to there PCs and one of my mothers friends let them then she was hacked and latter locked out of her PC . Microsoft will never call you and say that you are hacked and that they need access to your PC or internet .

the only ways that I know of that a hacker can access files is either you letting them remotely in or you download a file that my opens you up to being access that file might not be know yet as a hack . as for blocking then set up your router better only have your personal things able to access your Internet like you cell phone tablet PC laptop and nothing else I use my mac address 's on my router also have it set up that no more then 3 things can access my Internet

Sagath

Staff member
Folding Team
We need way more information, but what you're saying is (nearly) impossible on modern OS's without virus or malware. Even more so after a full clean format on your hard disk. From what you're describing ("When microsoft was remotely repairing"...) you've been phished and/or social hacked. Microsoft doesnt 'remotely repair' anything.

I'd recommend popping in your Windows media, deleting all partitions, then create/install windows.

Cannon Fodder

When Microsoft was remotely repairing damage done by hacker, hacker actually replied to a question from the tech by typing OK in the Chat Box.

Uhm, I think you must've received one of those phone calls, "this is Microsoft, and we've detected some problems with your Windows OS & we need to fix it"...... does MS actually "remotely repair damage done by hackers"? To me, it SOUNDS as though this is one of those scam phone calls, and you fell for it..... :doh:

As sswilson suggested, a fresh install of Windows, maybe with a complete format of the drive in question, and it'd probably be a good idea to NOT be connected to the net while doing it.

enaberif

You fell for MS Representative call. Your going to need to put that drive into another machine and do a full scan and sweep. If something is in the MBR a format will not fix it.

Caldezar

And if you WERE victimized by the Microsoft scam, and you gave them your credit card info, I would immediately report that to your card issuer, have them reverse the payment and issue you a new card. Then, as mentioned, completely erase and delete all partitions and start a fresh install from new. Then change all your online passwords or any password you may have used to access ANYTHING since this first occurred.

Sagath

Staff member
Folding Team
You fell for MS Representative call. Your going to need to put that drive into another machine and do a full scan and sweep. If something is in the MBR a format will not fix it.

Deleting all the partitions, including the MBR absolutely will work. The drive is salvageable.

Marzipan

Prince Rupert, British Columbia, Canuckistan
a partition bullet would also prove quite effective in fixing the issue too. of course, there is the consequence of rendering it useless, but hey, ce la vie. :whistle:

Vortex and I disabled many a HDD with my steel core 7.62x39 when we first started working together 10 years ago. :punk:

Latest posts