What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

GPU client 100% cpu core utilization? hd4200 folding?

0o0

Banned
but it is a amd chipset/cpu:ph34r:

There's something about amd hardware that seems kinda if-y... can't put my finger on it though, they just seem so... "made in china" ~ish lol:haha:

0o0

Banned
Did a quick google and it appears as if my 600ns/day is quite normal for a gtx260... what is a ns/day anyways? Can anyone confirm that? I think stanford just bundles a smp client along with the gpu client...

Zero82z

Banned
ns/day is a useless performance metric. As has already been suggested to you, use a program like HFM.NET or Fahmon instead to check your performance. Running the viewer significantly reduces the speed of folding and it should be avoided whenever possible.

3.0charlie

3.0 "I kill SR2's" Charlie
Oh dear, I missed that completely. I saw the 100% CPU usage and the HD4200 in the title and I assumed the problem was with an ATI client. My bad.
Typical reaction when you have folding, ATI, CPU and 100% in the same sentence. :haha:

0o0

Banned
omg lmao I found out why it's at 100%! after I installed fahmon I closed the viewer and cpu drops to 3%, open the viewer again and usage pops right back up to 100%:haha:
I won't doubt zero's word again, guess mother(folders) do always know best:ph34r:
on the bright side, my gtx260 1500mhz SP is pumping out 7.5k-8k ppd.
Just a quick confirmations, if I end up installing the cpu client, the 2 clients must have different machine #'s? Do I have to know anything else to install both cpu and gpu clients? Thanks for the help so far guys:biggrin:

Zero82z

Banned
omg lmao I found out why it's at 100%! after I installed fahmon I closed the viewer and cpu drops to 3%, open the viewer again and usage pops right back up to 100%:haha:
I won't doubt zero's word again, guess mother(folders) do always know best:ph34r:
I have been doing this for a rather long time, you know...
Just a quick confirmations, if I end up installing the cpu client, the 2 clients must have different machine #'s? Do I have to know anything else to install both cpu and gpu clients? Thanks for the help so far guys:biggrin:
Correct. You should just be able to install the CPU client and start folding right off the bat. Also, I suggest you consider using a Linux VM to run the Linux SMP client instead of CPU folding in Windows, since it will get you more points. More info here: http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/foru...-your-ppd-vmware-look-inside-easy-guides.html

geokilla

Instead of using the graphic client, use the console clients. They're much better and may solve your 100% CPU core utilization....

Zero82z

Banned
Instead of using the graphic client, use the console clients. They're much better and may solve your 100% CPU core utilization....
There is no performance difference between the console and graphical clients, aside from the presence of the viewer, the use of which is optional.

Latest posts