What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

GPU throttling

Dwayne

My titan is starting to reach 80-85 degrees c under load I. Putting the GPU Heatsink now I'm thinking of adding Vrm shimsinstead of the silicon heat pads provided with some on them will this be benifical at all or a waste of time?
You installed the Arctic Accelero 4 unit? Doing anything to the VRMs will have no effect on the GPU temps I think. Perhaps remove the heat sink, clean it up and reapply TIM, and then reinstall the cooler.

I have the Arctic Accelero III, no problems as of yet, but it was a bit challenging to get it installed. I am also paranoid of the installed VRM and RAM heat sinks, but so far so good.

Shadowarez

Awww I linked wrong one lol it's the Arctic extreme 5 I'm waiting on the order to arrive they will go on the ram models of the Titan X maxwell I have I'm thinking of putting the blue silicon on the vrms. The shims are 1.2mm high other ones I have were 1.5 they were too high to install the cooler properly

Dwayne

Awww I linked wrong one lol it's the Arctic extreme 5 I'm waiting on the order to arrive they will go on the ram models of the Titan X maxwell I have I'm thinking of putting the blue silicon on the vrms. The shims are 1.2mm high other ones I have were 1.5 they were too high to install the cooler properly
I think you may have linked the right one, I don't see a 5 in there at all. Is it the one with the backplate?

Anyway, I have a 1080 FE and I decided on the Accelero Xtreme III as I didn't like the look of the backplate. While I am always nervous about the thermal adhesive holding the small heat sinks on the VRMs and the memory, they seem to work just fine. I did buy some of the 3M thermal tape as well, damn expensive for those little tiny snippets of tape, I only used one of 10, and that was to hold a RAM module that I moved and it didn't cure. The tape is holding fine still. I have a mild 100 MHz OC on the core and 100 MHz on the RAM. I see around 60C on the core when ambient is around 20C and it moves up to 62 or 63 with ambient moving up 2 or 3C. Call it a 40 delta T. Very happy with the Arctic product.

Shadowarez

Ok I'll do a test post pics of what I'm trying to do the install was really easy when I tried it on my other titan that died on me. This one the stock cooler can't keep it cool anymore.

Latest posts

Twitter