What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Grace period gone? FS post deleted without a word?

Status
Not open for further replies.

CMetaphor

Quadfather
Just wondering which mod or mods decided that the 24hr grace period for posting photos to a FS thread doesn't apply to anymore?

Used to be, a membef could post a FS thread, and it would, you know, still exist 18hrs later once you've taken photos of the FS item to be posted. Done it a few times I think, and thought there would be even more leniency (not less) for a member of over a decade. But interestingly enough, my FS thread is gone. No word from anyone on why. Just disappeared without anything.

Not very nice.

sswilson

Staff member
I'm not sure where you got the "24 hour grace period" from when it comes to posting images for BST threads. We've always required images on BST threads and leave BST threads without images in moderation (where your thread is) until informed that images are ready for posting. I can't speak for other mods, but personally I'll sometimes bend the rules a little when it's a new poster who isn't aware of posting requirements, or there are images but the member either forgot to include their screen name, or forgot to post images of one or more of a multiple item thread.

Again.... I can't speak for the other mods, but any BST post with something along the lines of "I'll post pictures later" shows a knowledge of and a clear disregard for the posted rules/guidelines ( https://hardwarecanucks.com/forum/threads/buy-sell-trade-rules.2/ ) and as such I don't believe I've ever approved one prior to being contacted by the OP once he/she has images in hand.

Rest assured that your post is intact. Please contact a Mod once you've got images ready and we'll get it approved so you can upload the images.

Sagath

Staff member
Folding Team
There is also another way to handle this kind of thing; Messaging a mod to ask whats up, rather than publicly airing your dirty laundry (and falsely at that).

We're not doing anything shady here. The new boards have a lot more tools for us to work with, and we're using them is all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts