What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Grand Theft Auto 5 !

SKYMTL

HardwareCanuck Review Editor
Staff member
I wouldn't buy it on PC anyways. Requiring the RockStar Social Club to run in order to play the game (like Max Payne) is a killer for me.

Arinoth

Staff member
Not to mention the 'quality' porting job Rockstar tends to do, including Max Payne 3 (clunky as hell with keyboard and mouse IMO)

bliz

I guess i'll wait for a good PS4 emulator :whistle:

Stupid consoles... Why do they have exclusive titles... Always money,money and money.

Honestly,i don't know if they will need to make a PC version to get the money back. Console versions will sell like crazy but it's not the only reason...Anyway

implosion222

Well I couldn't wait 3 weeks..

I0X0nvO.jpg

On2wheels

Not to mention the 'quality' porting job Rockstar tends to do, including Max Payne 3 (clunky as hell with keyboard and mouse IMO)

Really? I won't fully disagree but I would argue that the MP3 PC conversion is still miles ahead of gta4 on PC. And I think it's important to remember the context: Rockstar isn't making a Gears of War type of cover shooter (IMO), they've always said the 3rd person appearance (in all their games) is intended to make the player feel more 'connected' to the character in the game, and I tend to agree. I'd much rather play a Rockstar 3rd person game than any other cover based shooter. (Spec Ops, Bulletstorm, Inversion)

For the street level thug shoot em up of the GTA universe, I think the slower character mouse camera control works very well. And I think for the type of game GTA 4 or 5 is, the MaxPayne3 mouse control is spot on, but to each their own I suppose. Probably preaching to the choir here, sorry. :doh:

supaflyx3

Watched streams of GTA5 for about 5 hours last night... looks pretty boring if you ask me tbh. I do like the way where you have options in the missions though.

muse108dc

maybe I've missed out but I've never played a GTA game before so I don't care too much if yet another 3rd person shooter comes out or not but that petition, really. I mean buck up. Yes pirating exists, yes there is nothing you can do about it, its past time to move on.

And yeah, the junk that came with Max Payne was painful.