What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Grand Theft Auto 5 !

On2wheels

No idea, I don't run SLI but you say it happens in both setups. I've had shadow issues on my 970 that were apparently tied to the nvdia PCSS setting, you might try messing with video settings, and try both the manual and automatic driver setting. I've found some big differences in games when I adjust the driver settings manually from nvidia control panel.
vista_nvidia1.png

reaverclan

Thanks will give it a shot i'v only been using automatic and I am not even at softest shadows so I don't have pcss on at all. My brother has this issue too though at totally different settings on a 6950.

On2wheels

New update to fight hackers? Haven't tried it out but I hear it doesn't stop everything.
I've long since given up on public matchmaking for jobs/heists. Even Crew members that I thought were anti-hackers are using hacks now, although not to multikill. If anyone here is fed up with public matchmaking let me know, I've got one good friend on Steam who is a great teammate, but we're short 2 people for bigger jobs. Let me know if you're mature, patient, and want to team up.

reaverclan

I would but i'm a super low level so no good guns to pull from:( If they would just make private servers a thing in gaming again then we could all just mod whatever and the ones that don't want it could just not use it. I miss haloce lol.

BootlegUsher

Hey, I'm playing this game and my progress bar says I am about 37% done. One question I have is that I don't seem to be making a whole lot of money. Missions pay a few grand here or there, I completed a jewelry store heist that got two of my characters a pretty good amount of money, but that's it so far. I completed 2 of the Trevor assassination missions, but all I had on me at the time was $10,000 so after I cashed out my stocks I made like $4000. I am reading guides online where people are talking about making millions of dollars off of the Trevor missions so my experience seems out of whack.

Properties are a ton of money. Robbing people at ATMs or holding up convenience stores just gets me chump change. How am I supposed to save up 600,000 or whatever for a property when robbing an armored car gets me $5000? I imagine that there will be other heists in the game that have big pay days, but I'm worried that I will complete the story mode of the game and not have all that much money to show for it and buy up tons of property. It doesn't help that its easy as hell to spend a pile of money at the gun store or on performance upgrades to vehicles.

Does anyone have any thoughts on this? Also, I'm not interested in exploiting some glitch like a lot of the articles I have seen online.

Thanks!

Prickly007

I seem to recall making a bit of money in the Stock market, especially during the part of the story that involved tanking certain stocks.

maverick_brent

Hey, I'm playing this game and my progress bar says I am about 37% done. One question I have is that I don't seem to be making a whole lot of money. Missions pay a few grand here or there, I completed a jewelry store heist that got two of my characters a pretty good amount of money, but that's it so far. I completed 2 of the Trevor assassination missions, but all I had on me at the time was $10,000 so after I cashed out my stocks I made like $4000. I am reading guides online where people are talking about making millions of dollars off of the Trevor missions so my experience seems out of whack.

Properties are a ton of money. Robbing people at ATMs or holding up convenience stores just gets me chump change. How am I supposed to save up 600,000 or whatever for a property when robbing an armored car gets me $5000? I imagine that there will be other heists in the game that have big pay days, but I'm worried that I will complete the story mode of the game and not have all that much money to show for it and buy up tons of property. It doesn't help that its easy as hell to spend a pile of money at the gun store or on performance upgrades to vehicles.

Does anyone have any thoughts on this? Also, I'm not interested in exploiting some glitch like a lot of the articles I have seen online.

Thanks!

I have almost 1 billion with each of my characters, Google the stock market and assassination missions . That's how you can get the money you need especially for the golf course which I think is 150m

BootlegUsher

I have almost 1 billion with each of my characters, Google the stock market and assassination missions . That's how you can get the money you need especially for the golf course which I think is 150m

I've googled how to make money in GTA 5 and the majority of the guides or videos talk about exploits which I'm not interested in doing.

Could you elaborate further on how you made money on stocks? Are you buying some stock, then going to your safe house to advance time and see how they do?

FreeKnight

The stock market method involves the Lester assasination missions you do as Franklin. There's a stock to generally buy before the mission, then sell when it spikes. Though in some cases you'll want to buy after and watch it return. Details are here (and dozens of other places) Assassination Investor - GTA 5 Wiki Guide - IGN

If you already did a couple you can either return to an earlier save or just accept your windfall will be smaller. It's really the last 2-3 missions that give the biggest payout. You'll also want to save them for after the Final Heist so you have lots of money to invest. Really though, you reach a point where there's no point to all that money and you don't need nearly all of it to buy everything in the game. There's also a Strangers and Freaks mission where you pick up a guy who's broken down on the West highway and take him to the airport and he rewards you with a stock tip.

If you don't want to use exploits or Cheat engine your other real option is to buy properties and just wait for the return. Obviously way slower. Michael has the best IIRC since he's the only one that can buy the golf course and it generates the most income.

BootlegUsher

Thanks for the input, I'll read the guide and see what I can do. Something seems off though, as everyone on the internet talks about hundreds of millions of dollars and I can barely scrape together 80,000 to buy the cheapest property.

Latest posts