What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Graphic tablets and graphic monitors

FraQles

I wanna know are there many people who use graphic tablets or graphic monitors.
Myself I prefer monitor. I used to have simple graphic tablet long time ago, and it was terrible. It felt nothing like a pen you paint with.
So now I use 15.6" graphic monitor. And it feels really comfort. Also It's quite good as a second monitor in addition. I think I'll write a small review at weekends if I have time.

Izerous

Folding Team
Cintiq 16 and 22 is I think what we had in the office. None of the artists like the intuos unless they were tracing a hand drawn image then they could very literally trace it with the intuos easier than on a cintiq but most of them would scan anything hand drawn and go from there.

moocow

My sister use the older Intuos, not sure if she be interested in the Cintiq drawing screen. At $700 USD, seems like a pricey investment that only pros needs. I mean if you're literally using it for a living.

sswilson

Staff member
There are less expensive down market "monitor" style drawing tablets that seem to get reasonably good reviews. Huion is the name I've seen most (I've got a non-monitor drawing tablet that I bought and then never really used... ;) ).

Looks like $300 - $350 would be ballpark for getting started.

I have to say... for the little bit I did play with the one I got, the pressure effects are pretty impressive, and I can easily see how a person would be able to transition from drawing with physical media into doing it digitally.

sswilson

Staff member
has anyone looked into the apps that let you connect your Android tablet or iPad and use it as graphics tablet?

I sold my iPad before I had a chance to try it out.

I'm not sure any of the android tablets support touch let alone multi-pressure touch. You'd need something like the surface.

sswilson

Staff member
A quick look suggests that I might be mistaken on this... looks like there are several tablets that can work, I'm not sure how good the generic drawing pens are though.

Latest posts