What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Graphics Issue - GTX 560 Ti

Valneroth

I've been experiencing some problems with my card the past week or so. I've been using my computer and at random times, artifacts will appear on the screen (if I'm using the proper word). At some points, the screen will freeze completely and a series of artifacts/glitches that look like '+' signs will show up, and part of the screen will flash in different colors. Sometimes, the driver will crash and recover, but mostly, the computer stops, and requires a restart.

I first thought it was software related, but I'm afraid it might be hardware related. The temperatures are showing idle values, 30% fan speed, 30-45 degree GPU temperature, and 2% or less GPU usage. This problem rarely occurs while games are running, which I find odd, so I'm inquiring here.

EDIT

Also, I installed older drivers after uninstalling my previous drivers, thinking that they were part of the problem.

supaflyx3

That's odd that its artifacting while idle and not in game, since you've already tried different drivers all i can say is submit a ticket to the manufacture for an RMA, it looks like your card is about to die.

stoanee

Folding Team
I would closely inspect your system to ensure everything is plugged in properly then run a gpu stressing program to see what results you get. Your card may be exhibiting the first signs of failure.

Valneroth

That's what I was afraid of :( It's definitely past RMA, I think, but I've still got the warranty.

By GPU Stressing Program, do you mean something like 3DMark or just a really graphically taxing game?

stoanee

Folding Team
That's what I was afraid of :( It's definitely past RMA, I think, but I've still got the warranty.

By GPU Stressing Program, do you mean something like 3DMark or just a really graphically taxing game?

FurMark comes to mind, it really heats up your gpu though.

enaberif

MSI Kombustor or EVGA Artifact Scanner

Valneroth

I downloaded EVGA's OC Scanner, I hope that's the right program.

The four tests I ran had the following results:

-----

Stress Test 1 Furry

Full Screen 1920x1080
120 Second Duration
100,000 Artifacts Limit
No Load Limit
100 Degrees Temp Limit (GPU)

Test 1 RESULT

Ran fine without Artifacts. FPS Average: 75-80
Max GPU Temp: 49 Degrees
Max Load: 97%

Stress Test 2 Tessy

Full Screen 1920x1080
120 Second Duration
100,000 Artifacts Limit
No Load Limit

Test 2 RESULT

Ran fine without Artifacts. FPS Average: 60-65
Max GPU Temp: 50 Degrees

Stress Test 3 Furry

1024x768 Screen
300 Second Duration
100,000 Artifacts Limit
No Load Limit

Test 3 RESULT

Ran fine without Artifacts. FPS Average: 120-130
Max GPU Temp: 52 Degrees

Stress Test 4 Tessy

1024x768 Screen
300 Second Duration
100,000 Artifacts Limit
No Load Limit

Test 4 RESULT

Ran fine without Artifacts. FPS Average: 65-70
Max GPU Temp: 53 Degrees
Max Load: 98%

-----

I'm probably going to have to run longer tests, for sure. I did catch artifacts on the first test, but had not set any limiters for it. After that, nothing.

If there are suggested testing settings to use, I would be happy to run them.

Valneroth

I figured the times were quite short. Fortunately, I've been gaming all day with no issues thus far. In about an hour, I'll be running a 1 hour stress test to see if anything comes up.

Latest posts