What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Graphics not displaying!

MeLeMko

Hello all,

Earlier last week I had a small mishap with my liquid cooling setup and it ended up spilling over my mobo/case. I spent a while cleaning it up and initially had problems, computer turned on and after 2 seconds turned off, but I found the short and was able to get it fixed.

NOW-
Computer turns on and runs. I plug in my GPU, fans spin, lights turn on, etc and no display.
I check the mobo, all lights are on where they need to be, no red ones indicating anything wrong etc.
I put in another GPU, same issue. Lights etc turn on, but no display.
I take the 2 GPU's and put it in another computer, both run perfectly fine.
I've also re seated the memory, tried the different slots for PCI and checked to make sure PSU was still running properly. Everything seems to be in order.

Does anyone have any ideas what else it could be or what I could be missing?

Thank you in advance! Anything would be greatly appreciated!

KaptCrunch

remove cmos battery wash MB with light dish soap and with can of blast blow off water then blow dry with hair dryer 20 mins

Fudd Rucker

What were you using for coolant? I had a bad experience once with primochill? (I think that's what I had be using). It was supposed to be anti-conductive fluid which was kind of oily and got stuck in the pci slots causing the gpus to not work .

On that note - Asus was quick with the rma despite that.

clshades

you want to use 90-99% isopropanol to clean your motherboard not dish soap. You should let it dry out for a few hours. ISO will evaporate any existing water and clean the feser fluid off.

You may have ran the board too soon and it wasn't completely dry or you soaked it when it was powered up? At any rate you can pretty much pour iso right on your board or even let it sit in iso for a few seconds completely submerged without wrecking it. Braineater does it all the time.

LoTech

Folding Team
graphics

Not sure you have tried this, but I have experienced something akin to your problem.
In my case the monitor was pooched. Just a thought.
GL

KaptCrunch

Not sure you have tried this, but I have experienced something akin to your problem.
In my case the monitor was pooched. Just a thought.
GL

Yes that happens check simple things first, rma to find same result dam monitor

MeLeMko

Oh. I actually haven't even thought of checking the monitor.
The board wasn't on when it was soaked, I will put the ISO on and see if anything else comes up!

Thank you all for the ideas. I'll be plugging everything back in either later tonight/tomorrow, hopefully works out.

MeLeMko

The monitor turned out to be fine.
I believe it might be an issues with the PCI slot possibly? The green light which indicates PCI, is turning on and off. Green, no green. Over and over again.