What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

GTX 1060 ROG Strix 6GB

proxy

Besides the 10% selling fee and the chance that someone will make a chargeback on Paypal?

Don't forget the PayPal fees, depending on the type of listing you can end up paying 12.5% to 18% in fees to eBay and PayPal.

Coach

He is trying to determine a price. Seems like a good idea before posting at FS thread.

Do you need more GPUs Edgar Friendly? I mean Mr. Friendly. Sorry I always think of that guy from that movie when I see your handle :haha:

TheDude

Thanks everyone. I will post it once I make a decision to sell it.
eBay spooks me out, I'll stick to local or forums :)

b1lk1

I just tried to cash in on my R9 290x on Ebay this week. It did sell for $380. I got slightly less than I should have for shipping as well. Ebay takes 10% of the total, including 10% of the shipping and other fees as well. Paypay steals another 3-5%, I can't remember exactly. Paypal is also holding my funds until after the buyer gets the card. As long as the buyer does not complain I get the money 2-3 days after confirmed delivery.

In the end I will get somewhere around $320. But it was a helluva lot of BS to do it. I was not in an immediate need for the money (I knew Paypal was going to put hold on it) so I chose this over selling locally. Ebay is just about too much hassle for the money anymore. They take way too much in fees.

Sagath

Staff member
Folding Team
I just tried to cash in on my R9 290x on Ebay this week. It did sell for $380. I got slightly less than I should have for shipping as well. Ebay takes 10% of the total, including 10% of the shipping and other fees as well. Paypay steals another 3-5%, I can't remember exactly. Paypal is also holding my funds until after the buyer gets the card. As long as the buyer does not complain I get the money 2-3 days after confirmed delivery.

In the end I will get somewhere around $320. But it was a helluva lot of BS to do it. I was not in an immediate need for the money (I knew Paypal was going to put hold on it) so I chose this over selling locally. Ebay is just about too much hassle for the money anymore. They take way too much in fees.

I'm in absolute shock that people still sell stuff on Ebay. When they purchased paypal and made paypal mandatory I knew it was going to get fee-diculous, but if your numbers are accurate that is absolutely insane.

TheDude

Thanks for sharing your experience, this is excellent information and all the reasons not to go eBay way.
Thanks again man for sharing your recent experience.

Latest posts