What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

GTX 1630 review

Bond007

Per the title, this "budget" card is now out in the wild. A very meh card IMO that doesn't really surprise, isn't very efficient, and isn't really cheap (for the performance you get).

Full Review available here:

https://www.techpowerup.com/review/gainward-geforce-gtx-1630-ghost/

relative-performance_1920-1080.png

energy-efficiency.png

EDIT: here is a well good video review as well. It’s a very meh product. Marking the RX6400 look half decent is a tough job, but the gtx 1630 is up to the task!

Last edited:

moocow

Palit GTX 1630 4GB review is also up. In synthetic bench, it's worst than a R9-290X which I just sold with the big ass heatsink for $120. If they are asking for $120 USD, that's a bit much? I wonder how the CUDA support is compare to the K10 I have.

moocow

how is $120 too much? that's pretty much what the 1030 GT used to go for.
Personal value. If you can find a non-mined 570 or 580 4GB, you would probably be better off. Of course assuming you can find one close to $120 to $150 USD again. Then again, 580 4GB used to be like $250 CAD new.

Marzipan

Prince Rupert, British Columbia, Canuckistan
Personal value. If you can find a non-mined 570 or 580 4GB, you would probably be better off. Of course assuming you can find one close to $120 to $150 USD again. Then again, 580 4GB used to be like $250 CAD new.
power and heat...this card will have very niche use cases, like single slot, low profile, low power scenarios. if this has all the media guts still, it will be popular for HTPC too, no doubt.

Bond007

power and heat...this card will have very niche use cases, like single slot, low profile, low power scenarios. if this has all the media guts still, it will be popular for HTPC too, no doubt.
Agree, this is probably the only use for it. Has H.264 and H.265, but no AV1.

While the RX6400 took a lot of flak, I don't think this is any better...just different. This has some encode decode and 16 lanes pcie, but RX6400 is still faster and more efficient in games (if you have a MOB that won't gimp it).

We will see what actual pricing ends up like.