What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

GTX 260 (216) n 260 (192) in SLI?

rjbarker

Anyone tried to SLI a new Core 216 with an older Core 192? I have read that it will work, however, am wondering if the full 216 Core Shaders is taken advantage of even with a 192 in SLI?
Would like to purchase a 2nd GTX260 for SLI and am wondering if it would be possible / advantageous to SLI my 260 FTW with a Core 216 Superclocked model. (I'd also be hoping I could get the Superclocked version to the same clock speeds as my FTW version)

Thanks in advance

encorp

I've installed two video cards with different memory configs before, one 512 and 1 1024 but it only registered 512 on the second card. BUT I'm kind of thinking that you could get two outcomes here.

A) It will work and you'll utilize both cards to their own maximum in a pair.

or

B) It won't work AT ALL.

I know that dosn't help but I don't see it allowing the SLI to work (out of the box) and limiting how many SP's it uses on the 216, it'll either not accept it at all or it will in it's fullest. SP's are more to the core (pun not intended) than memory.

It's a guess, I could be wrong - sorry I have no exact experience to give you with these two cards.

Dr_BenD_over

Fallen Folder
I just knew this question was going to come up. Nvidia's naming system is messed up big time, and changing a card's specification a few week's into it's life cycle :dots:.

SLI Zone Forums

may have the answer you seek...

rjbarker

Well I ordered, should be here tomorrow, I'll let you know how it works out. I have checked SLI Zone and Evga and a couple of posts state it will work, however, no one has actually stated that they tried it out.

rjbarker

Decided to RMA the 216 Card and wait to step up to new 55nm technology in the next few months! Still like single Card Solution.

Latest posts