What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Gtx 260 problems

WolfBane

I have a gtx 260 water cooled and when i turn on system i get all kinds of weird color blocks.
Then once i boot into windows i am stuck in 4 bit and it will not let me change?
I did a clean install and i have the latest drivers from nvidia .

My system said it couldn't load any drivers for this card and to contact the manufactor :(\
Any ideals or is the card dead?
NMow for the last week or so it would be perfect and then all of a sudden the screen would get like weird outlines of the desktop and then go back to normal only to frezze up and have like 4 bit colors?????

At a loss here !!!! any help?

Ok says windows found the drivers but has a problem installing them

and says invalind handle???????????

WolfBane

nope not hot at all , i have a full water block on it and it keeps the card very cool :)
i have the card seated well etc etc but i fear its gonna be a dead card

WolfBane

Yea i am gonna put it back to stock and try to rma if possiable ?
if not looks like i will have to save up for another 260 for the reason i have a wb for it

Shadowmeph

have you tried uninstalling deleting the drivers reboot then install older drivers it just might be a driver problem and it won't hurt to try that before pulling it all apart again. I miss my 260 :(

WolfBane

Yuppers did al that as well , even went back to the 8 drivers reinstalled whole system defragged system , etc etc tried every thing i know of , the card has been acting weird for about a week and slowly getting worse now it only let me see it in 4 bit and i have all kinds od color blocks on the screen or tons and tons of lines on the screen , can barley see any thing :)

Shadowmeph

thats to bad. my card just quit no signs of anything it just stopped working I inspected everything I just cacn't figure out what is wrong with it . at least you can RMA your card . mine lasted me maybe a month at stock levels I am thinking that the 260s have something funning with them

Latest posts

Twitter