What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

GTX 280 / Rivatuner question(s)

Gellidius

As you can see in my sig. i got rid of the scrap and am now sporting a :biggrin:

I intend to first restart Boinc soon, using the gpu with CUDA, and later maybe do some folding.

I read that the gpu would work faster if, through RivaTuner, the clocks were changed.

At what clock speeds should i set the drivers?
the core can go down to 3.0
the memory...to 555
and the shader can go up to 2025

LCB001

As you can see in my sig. i got rid of the scrap and am now sporting a :biggrin:

I intend to first restart Boinc soon, using the gpu with CUDA, and later maybe do some folding.

I read that the gpu would work faster if, through RivaTuner, the clocks were changed.

At what clock speeds should i set the drivers?
the core can go down to 3.0
the memory...to 555
and the shader can go up to 2025
Nice upgrade!!. As far as I know the only Boinc projects that can utilize the gpu are [email protected] and GPUGrid and the gpu client is still having some teething problems. Your best bet is still [email protected] for the gpu and Boinc on the CPU.

As far as the GPU tuning goes it's all about the Shaders, atleast for [email protected] What sort of OC will depend on your gpu and how cool you can keep it, the key is lots of airflow over the card...:thumb: