What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

GTX 285 in stock and available

ImmaPC

Woah, think fast guys, the GTX 280 deals are dropping like flies (as in back to normal/sort-of-cheap), Mostly from EVGA. It seems they've handed it off to BFG, who has it going for $349 now. If I had the cash I'd snatch that up so fast...

Eagle Eye

Nothing to worry about then its likely the bios was flashed incorrectly or was assigned the wrong part number, however if it concerns you send an e-mail off to EVGA see what they have say.

EE

Last edited:

rjbarker

Yep, GPU-Z reports the same
648 Mhz Core is an SSC version, I believe you said yours was 624 Mhz, as EE states this is (I think) an SC version.....nice work!!
Woah, think fast guys, the GTX 280 deals are dropping like flies (as in back to normal/sort-of-cheap), Mostly from EVGA. It seems they've handed it off to BFG, who has it going for $349 now. If I had the cash I'd snatch that up so fast..
Yes they're an absolute bargain right now, my I7 is sitting here as is my Corsair Dominator 3 x 2GB Kit and Vista 64 Bit....just awaiting the arrival of my Evga X58 Board n True120.....am very much considering getting a 3rd 280 and tossing in the Tri Sli...wonder how Kruzins making out with his?...Sorry for stepping on your thread Biff......enjoy that Card!

rjbarker

<hr style="color: rgb(209, 209, 225); background-color: rgb(209, 209, 225);" size="1">
I am enjoying this card but am already thinking of bigger and better things.
Well thats part of the problem with the higher end Cards....if you ditch that one for a 285 / 295...the gains may not be really worth it...hence was my move to SLI....when I see the Benches for the Single 295, [email protected] or 260 216 SLI....I know I still have faster then all those scenarios.........................except for Tri SLI or 295 Quad Sli hahahahaha

ipaine

Well if I had the money I think I would go with the 285 since you can get one for only $70 more than a 280. Is it worth it? I'm still on the fence, on one hand there is money, on the other hand it will be quieter and use less power overall. Oh and both of those have $20 MIR right now as well. Maybe by the time my b-day rolls around in 2 months the prices will have dropped even more.

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] EVGA E-GEFORCE GTX 280 Superclocked 621MHZ 1024MB 2.268GHZ GDDR3 Dual DVI-I HDCP HDTV Out Video Card <script language="javascript"> if(typeof(forumadmin) != 'undefined' && forumadmin == 1){ document.write("[URL="http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/\"http://secure.ncix.com/staff/index.cfm?id=30561\""][SIZE=\"1\"][COLOR=\"#FF0000\"]Edit
"); } if(typeof(isusergroup) != 'undefined' && isusergroup == 1){ document.write(" [SIZE=\"1\"][COLOR=\"#FF0000\"]products[/color][/size] "); document.write("[SIZE=\"1\"][COLOR=\"#FF0000\"]Etilize[/color][/size] "); }***</script>[/FONT][/URL][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] for [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]$399.99[/FONT] CAD

or

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]EVGA E-GEFORCE GTX 285 648MHZ 1024MB 2.489GHZ GDDR3 PCI-E Dual DVI-I HDCP HDTV Out Video Card[/FONT] for [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]$469.99 CAD
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[/FONT]

ImmaPC

There's a microscopic chance in hell you can get a GTX260 for that much, 9800GTX+ is more like it IMO.

Latest posts

Twitter