What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

GTX 560 Ti problems.

adamdavidson

I just recently bought an eVGA 560 Ti Superclocked, and after installing it, I keep getting blue screen crashes because of nvlddmkm.sys. Now, everywhere I look online, I can't find a fix for it. I've reinstalled Windows 7, I even went as far as to install XP, but the problem still happens. I uninstalled the nvidia drivers and the problem goes away. Has anyone heard of/had this problem and knows how to fix it? I'm losing my mind here trying to figure it out.

sswilson

Staff member
Did you use something like Ccleaner to remove the drivers, or just do a standard uninstall?

How about third party vid apps? Do you have EVGA Precision / MSI Afterburner / Riva Tuner or any other vid app installed? I'd remove those as well (although it sounds like you've already tried a different OS so they probably don't apply).

What's the rest of your hardware? If it's not a physical incompatibility with your hardware, and you've already tried a fresh install of the OS, I'd try the card in a different PC and get it RMAd if the problem exists on the second PC.

Arinoth

Staff member
What's the details of the rest of the system, could be some conflictions (aka not enough power supplied)

lcdguy

yes we definitly need to see a list of hardware in the computer. Also i would try both the driver version that came with the card as well as the latest version off of nvidia website. Also since it is the super clock edition i would also try underclocking it (if possible) to the stock settings and see if it's more stable. i have the E-VGA 560 TI FPB (non superclock) version and have no issues with it.

Fudd Rucker

To me this sounds exactly like a prob I had recently with a clients' machine. The 3v rail went on it, so as long as no drivers were installed no power was being used. The second the driver started it would get the same error as you and BSOD. It wasnt until I went into the bios that I had realized this problem. Replaced PSU and no issues.

adamdavidson

Sorry to dig this up after some time, but I like to have my threads have some closure as I hate searching the internet and finding incomplete threads :p

It turned out it was my PSU, it was alright in the tester, but I swapped it out and problem solved. Thanks for your help.

sswilson

Staff member
Sorry to dig this up after some time, but I like to have my threads have some closure as I hate searching the internet and finding incomplete threads :p

It turned out it was my PSU, it was alright in the tester, but I swapped it out and problem solved. Thanks for your help.
Thanks a ton for returning with the outcome, I wish more folks would do likewise.

Great to hear that you got it resolved.

stoanee

Thanks a ton for returning with the outcome, I wish more folks would do likewise.

Great to hear that you got it resolved.
Thanks,I am also glad you replied. Based on fudds feedback and your own, it could save someone a ton of troubleshooting time. :thumb:

Pelham125

GTX 560 Ti problem

Can you be more specific about the psu issue? underpowered or malfunction??

Latest posts

Twitter