What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

GTX 570 in 2021?

draemn

I have a GTX 570 that's been sitting in the house for years as an emergency/backup GPU and just wondering if there is any sense of trying to re-home it vs just throwing it out. A quick google search suggests that it needs to run real old drivers.

sswilson

Staff member
definitely rehome it! you should be able to get around $200 for it.

GTX 570, not RX 570. :) (If you know people who'd be willing to pay $200 for a 12 yr old vid card, please forward their contact info.... ;) ).

As far as keep vrs trash....

Looks like it performs better than a 1030 which is still a viable card for some use case scenarios so I'd say it was worth keeping.

Soultribunal

Staff member
Heh,

I still have a ASUS GTX260 Matrix (which I won on here via a Folding Contest), an EVGA 9800GT (The One) and 2 PNY 9800GX2's from the good ol days.
Wonder if I could get any of them to even run now lol.

-ST

sswilson

Staff member
And yeah, it's old drivers, but it's that final big drop that Nvidia did for W 10 before they dropped support. I can only suppose it's still a viable driver set.

JD

Staff member
GTX 570, not RX 570. :) (If you know people who'd be willing to pay $200 for a 12 yr old vid card, please forward their contact info.... ;) ).
Haha yeah I figured these Fermi cards were "worthless". I gave my GTX580 away a couple weeks ago.

sswilson

Staff member
They might actually be more useful since Ryzen came out than prior. Some folks need GFX cards for their Ryzen procs since there's no IGP. (I'll be throwing a gt 1030 onto the ryzen build I'm putting together later this week).

draemn

As far as keep vrs trash....

Looks like it performs better than a 1030 which is still a viable card for some use case scenarios so I'd say it was worth keeping.
I really struggle with using userbenchmark. Not only have they been proven to be 100% lying about AMD vs Intel processor rankings, but I can't wrap my head around how they get their data and if it's accurate enough to trust. Well, sounds like it's usable for an emergency card in case I need to ever replace a defective GPU/etc. Not going to be able to do much gaming wise, but the drivers should allow potato gaming?

sswilson

Staff member
The biggest issue with userbenchmark is that the top number is completely unlinked from performance numbers. They throw age, and market share into that top score.

I only use it for a quick look at the "effective performance" to get a general idea of how two pieces of hardware compare to each other.