What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

GTX 580+GTX 275 Dedicated PhysX

Rocyaic

I'm putting together a new rig piece by piece and was wondering if I'm running with an i5 2500k and a GTX 580 would it be worth the extra heat in my case to use my old GTX 275 as a dedicated physX card?

Lanboy

Banned
not really I add a gtx 260 to my 580 and the thing I notice more is the heat and the power consummation, may be in winter but in summer single gpu ( especially a 580 ) is enough for my need <?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p></o:p>

Keywork

I'm a firm believer that a dedicated physics card is a HUGE waste of money/power (although in this case you already own the card). However, if you choose to fold on it, carry on sir...lol

Squeetard

"Quote This..."
I'll fourth'd that. Tried it with a 570/260 and showed about .5 fps difference.

Rocyaic

Yep.. Sounds like once I go to an SLI'd rig i'll be selling that GTX 275 then!! Hoot.

GT7R

It worth keeping it only if you're extensively playing a specific game which makes good use of physx. otherwise - get rid of it.

Latest posts

Twitter