What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

GTX 660 Ti Review Comment Thread

sswilson

Staff member
Processor: Intel 2600K @ stock
Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws 8GB 1600MHz
Motherboard: Gigabyte EX58-UD5

something wrong with this, CPU or motherboard is wrong,
Heh... good catch. I'll pass that onto SKYMTL so he can update the hardware info for his "acoustic" test bench.

SKYMTL

HardwareCanuck Review Editor
Staff member
Processor: Intel 2600K @ stock
Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws 8GB 1600MHz
Motherboard: Gigabyte EX58-UD5

something wrong with this, CPU or motherboard is wrong,
Wow.....that was a pretty bad oversight on my part!

Updated with the proper mobo!

Skyllz

Wow.....that was a pretty bad oversight on my part!

Updated with the proper mobo!
OHNOES!!!! You reputation is now shattered to pieces... :rofl::haha:

Haters will always hate. Keep up the good work Sky.

benchMark

I was looking forward to your multi monitor performance comparison, to see if the memory bandwidth cripples the 660 Ti at 5760x1080.
Why was it left out of this review?

Dzzope

I was looking forward to your multi monitor performance comparison, to see if the memory bandwidth cripples the 660 Ti at 5760x1080.
Cos it already struggles at 2560x1600?

Would be interested to see how well SLI scales on them at high res, though I guess that the memory bandwidth will still limit their usefulness over a 7970 or other single card solution.

SKYMTL

HardwareCanuck Review Editor
Staff member
$399 is my cutoff point for multi monitor testing as anything below that (at least in this generation) won't deliver a satisfiable experience anyways.

elmorejohn46

It is what I expected ,it is a great card for $299,But I would have like to seen more reviews with the GTX-660TI at it's base clock ,like they did with the GTX-670 at 915/980mhz //6008mhz.because they are plenty of GTX-670 that are clocked all over the map ,just like the GTX-660 TI is.But if brand is not a problem then the HD7950 might be a better way to go since it is faster then the GTX-660TI in nearly ever benchmark..I run two GTX-670 Asus Direct CU II in SLI and have no regrets getting them,they run at 1258 /6850,might run higher if i pushed it ,but see no reason to since they are fast enough stock.This is my opinion I just think nvidia driver are a little better especially in SLI.But AMD drivers are getting better with every release.But if I did'nt care about brands and both products are the same price and one has a 1gig of more memory and are close in speed at default clocks,then either one would be a good choice.Nvidia did well with the kepler chip.Each one they come out with has been good ,the GTX-670 was almost to good since it is not much slower then the GTX-680-and even cutting the buss to 192bitt and just haveing 24 ROP's ,the GTX-660 TI is no slouch.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Twitter