What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

GTX 660 Ti Review Comment Thread

sswilson

Staff member
If NCIX is any indication it at least looks like a full hard launch. Not only that, in spite of my initial search it looks like many of the brands are offering a $299 MSRP model.

akirez64

This makes me feel better about going with my 680. (Which I got used for the price of a new 670)

terrybear

Banned
Well, given all the reviews i've parused ...... alot of the reviewers feel while this & the customized cards are great .... a 7950 still has a slight advantage over it ...... even in some instances some have said 7870 actualy does well vs it as well especialy when you start bumping the resolutions and such.

And good balanced fact stating conclusion sky. :)

Arinoth

Staff member
Looks like the 660 may be worth it when you're looking at resolutions up to 1920 x 1080 (or 1920) but it seems that it doesn't pack enough punch if you game at 2560 x 1660 which some people (such as myself) have migrated to while increasing monitor size. If I were to get a card in the mid range pricing, I'd definitely get an AMD card, but I'd probably throw the 660 into my fiancee's rig (as she's down at 1080p).

BlueByte

Pretty much fits in where you expected it... great card for the price... will be interesting to see where the 7950 Boost cards fit in after all that drama.

eyefinity

Banned
However you want to spin it, once again this website out of all the tech press found results in favour of Nvidia.

Even anandtech had the Ti behind (slightly). Some places like Toms and HT4U found the 660 Ti was slower than the 7870 -

Average%20Perf.png

ASUS GTX 660 Ti DC2 Top - NVIDIAs GeForce GTX 660 Ti ist da - 3D-Performance 1920 x 1080 mit Antialiasing (Seite 40) - HT4U.net

When a tech site is constantly going against the grain with these, it is bound to open it up to accusations of bias. Did any other site find the 660 Ti faster at 1080p? See, this is where the problem lies.

Latest posts