What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

GTX 660 Ti Review Comment Thread

eyefinity

Banned
Let me guess...you are a lifetime subscriber to semiaccurate.

Bahahaha...tweak town BIASED for Nividia. You do realized they got BLACK BALLED by NV....right? Anad biased for NV. rofl. They are the number one tech site on the planet. They do NOT play favorites...unlike some other sites you have mentioned as it would only HURT them. It would be lose-lose for them. Then again lumping us in with those 'biased' sites IS a compliment...even if you dont realize it. Whats next your are going to claim we are 'too good looking' or....I know!.... 'hung like a race horse'? I hear those are pretty nasty comments to make about someone else! /whistle.

Man you are not even trying now. You have to troll harder and better than that here.

Do you even realise that Tweaktown had the 660 Ti beating the 7970 quite often? And that the 560 Ti was right up in performance with the 6970? If you think Tweaktown is anything BUT biased you have serious issues.

Anandtech is the #1 techsite on the planet? Do you ever look outside of North America I wonder? You do realise that hardware.fr gets more hits than Anandtech? But shhh don't talk about hardware.fr because they put the 660 Ti in it's rightful place, level with the 7870. No we should believe Anandtech intead - a site that has graphics moderators who are part of Nvidia's focus group and proudly display it in their signatures. :thumb:

Ryan Smith is well known for being in close contact with Nvidia, and he isn't shy of mentioning it either. Notice a common theme with all these techsites that give better reviews to Nvidia? I'll give you another hint : go read some of SKY's posts on xtremesystems and see him defending Nvidia to the hilt against a myriad of people telling him that the 7950 is the better option - AMD Rolls Out new HD 7950 BIOS, Expects Existing Customers to Look the Other Way

AkG

Soo I take it that you have nothing besides rants and delusional ravings?

Anad tech like ALL the big sites have close ties to BOTH camps. Of course this doesnt fit in with your "us vs them" world view...but here is a little 'secret' that the rest of the world knows - or besides the french that is (and who trusts the french outside the kitchen?) - you have to talk to all 'sides' as their IS NO 'SIDES'. Company A and Company B have their pros and cons. Thinking in black and white terms leads you down the semiaccurate / tinfoil hat path.

For your own sake. Get a life. Shave off the neck beard. Find a girlfriend (or boyfriend...whatever floats your boat). Enjoy life. Or don't. Die an early death...alone, unloved and not missed.

Galcobar

You can't downclock a pre overclocked Kepler-series card in the hopes of replicating reference performance. The reason for this is simple: there is no way of modifying the Base Clock through software right now and the only thing that will be done is the application of an artificial cap upon the Boost frequency. This means higher than reference base frequencies and possibly lower than reference Boost overhead.

IMO, the only way of properly testing this card is to reflash a reference design like the Superclock with a reference BIOS. I think that's what we did and I am sure Ryan did the same.

Interesting. I asked about this in the Anandtech comments section and Ryan replied:
I'm not sure I follow you. The base clock is affected by software. We have full control over the base clock through clock offsets.

Given the diametrically opposed viewpoints, one of you has to be wrong. Have you two ever discussed the issue?

velias

This thread has gone full retard. Is there any way that it COULD be moderated? I don't see why some people are getting so bent out of shape and arguing with performance from other websites. Give it a rest eyefinity, and this is coming from someone who LIKES amd gpu's. Personally I consider the 7950 vs 660ti to be a wash depending on what resolution you play, same for 680 vs 7970. That said, can you please figuratively shut the hell up? Jesus christ, the signal to noise ratio is horrible right now.

SugarJ

Staff member
Folding Team
The mods are watching. Trust me. Now that it's degenerated into namecalling, it won't last long.

Soultribunal

Staff member
This thread has gone full retard. Is there any way that it COULD be moderated? I don't see why some people are getting so bent out of shape and arguing with performance from other websites. Give it a rest eyefinity, and this is coming from someone who LIKES amd gpu's. Personally I consider the 7950 vs 660ti to be a wash depending on what resolution you play, same for 680 vs 7970. That said, can you please figuratively shut the hell up? Jesus christ, the signal to noise ratio is horrible right now.

We do Moderate threads, but I give all people a chance to have there say. Should the trolling continue and the thread degenerate further then I will give a vacation or two out.

It would be in bad practice to silence those suddenly who thought differently, and it allows our own review team to ante up and prove the methodolgy.

-ST

velias

Gotcha, sorry if I came across as brash in my post. I really don't see why certain people are getting bent out of shape because they don't like what was in the review. The results matched pretty much what every other website had in their reviews, so its just silly for people to argue non stop about it...ugh.

Soullessone21

The mods are watching. Trust me. Now that it's degenerated into namecalling, it won't last long.

I agree with both sides of this argument but closing the thread just gives the troll what he wants. Right now Sky has reiterated every comment Eyefinity has had, by closing it this just gives the troll more power.

maybe they should continue their conversation in off topic or something and move this tread back to questions about the cards and real questions about the review?

SugarJ

Staff member
Folding Team
I would never close a review comment thread. I would just exclude the offenders.

And the useless namecalling posts will be cleaned, once a certain reviewer has a chance to see them. Any posts with valid questions or comments will be left.

mattlef

I kinda feel sad for you. At least the last troll as bad as you was (most likely) functionally retarded. Whats your excuse? I bet all the review sites on your side of the pond turned you down didnt they so now you just troll the Internet - badly I might add - all day long. Living one sad and lonely life. :sad:

I just spat my coffee all over the keyboard at work...
gonna be fun explaining to my IT department why i need a new one in a few weeks lol.

Latest posts