What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

GTX 680 Folding

great_big_abyss

Ya, Vijay and I are always pranking each other...As soon as he heard I was buying a 680 he decided to pull a fast one on me...

Now that I've gotten rid of all my AMD cards, he'll probably decide to release code that 100% utilises OpenCL.

I really need to get around to putting his car on top of his lab roof!

MARSTG

*sigh, Why did I choose now to start folding with Nvidia all of a sudden? My timing is always off...

is not off just Kepler is not really well optimized for folding right now, and this was to be expected, as it was with Fermi, and will probably be the case with future generation of graphics cards. Guys, I am getting 10.5k PPD on 80xx series of WUs using a GTS 450 clocked at 850MHz a chip with just 192 SPs.

sswilson

Staff member
Just confirmed that while the GTX680 will run under the newest V7 client without any tweaking, the client-type beta flag is still required to get it to run at full power settings.

great_big_abyss

okay, that's what it is for the AMD cards, but I didn't know if it was the same for Nvidia GPUs.

Latest posts