What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

GTX 680 Folding

draemn

Works @ 20k ppd with 306.23 WHQL drivers, but it causes noticeable delay in response time and some lag in some scenarios. (i.e. browsing the web and sometimes what you type doesn't show up on screen for 2-3 seconds)

Really annoying with firefox... haven't really used that many other programs to test and haven't tried changing settings in client.

draemn

Hmmm... had a hiccup... a 7625 WU got send to my rig and it won't fold it. Deleted the work folder in the data directory, but now it won't fold the 8018 unit but my GPU usage is back to 100%? Maybe it is folding but the v7 client isn't graphically updating to show it is? Checked the log file, shows 1% steps complete, must just be an error with the graphical update to the folding progress *fewf*

draemn

Holy mother of all things unreasonable!!!!! THIS IS STUPID!

I can't get anything but 7624 right now and I'm about to head off to school... and that stupid unit won't fold!

sswilson

Staff member
Holy mother of all things unreasonable!!!!! THIS IS STUPID!

I can't get anything but 7624 right now and I'm about to head off to school... and that stupid unit won't fold!

If past experience is any indication (been there, done that, it's why I quit GPU folding several times over the last few months), your only option is to delete the gpu slot and then give it a try again in a few days.

draemn

What a pain... now I got a 8018 WU since I'm home and want to use my computer for things other than folding... Why can't they just not send WUs to beta/kepler clients that don't fold?!

stoanee

Folding Team
Dagnabbit, I wish they would get the 6XX cards folding. My 2WIN may have bit the dust, if so, I will be looking at a replacement.

LoTech

Folding Team
I was just wondering if anyone out there has any info or eta for kepler being included in the v7 client. With each passing day there are fewer and fewer 500 series cards available. Does anyone have a link where we can follow any news on kepler progress for F@H. Is there hope it will be soon rather than later.

draemn

As of now, I check the f@h blog and there is nothing to note when finalized Kepler code will be out :( I do not know if any info is in the beta forums as there may be some hidden forum you can only see by signing up as a beta member. There has been kepler optimized code since April I think (test version for review sites), but still nothing released to public.

sswilson

Staff member
Apparently getting the new Cuda version to play nice with the rest of the WUs is proving a lot more difficult than folks thought.