What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

GTX280 - RivaTuner.

Gellidius

Hey, got a problem here!

i just got my GTX280 back from repairs and i want to install fan control with Rivatuner.
my monitor is LG W2242TQ.

when i open rivatuner, it says on Main tab-driver settings: no supported drivers for this display adaptor"

i can program the low level control fan profiles in rivatuner, just as i used to do, but they don't work and when i shut down rivatuner and open it back up again, i get a notice that rivatuner fan programming is corrupt or whatever and it will not work.

Now, i would love to start folding again, but with only the card's auto fan control working, i'm not very tempted to do it this way, after reading many times about the high temps the card reaches with auto control.

Is there anything i can do, like maybe replace the monitor driver for some other one that will be recognized.

3.0charlie

3.0 "I kill SR2's" Charlie
Have you tried Precision instead, since you only wish to adjust the fan speed? Much easier to use.

Gellidius

no, i haven't and will try it.
by the way, you're quite fast; i only had time to blink once.

martin_metal_88

3.0 is a wierd phenomenon called admin. We are not really sure this mankind have a life out of the internet. One of their principal characteristic is a incredibly fast answer speed. Wouldn't that made a good show for National Geographic:p 1 hour about HWC admin XD. Precision is your best tool if you are using Nvidia card, easy to set-up, complete and nice to look. I had a similar issue not a long time ago with a GTS 250, don't know why when swapped with a GTX 275 everything start to work like a charm.

Squeetard

"Quote This..."
It's the driver version you are running with rivatuner, here is the fix:
Sometimes in order for Overclocking to work you need to force driver versions. To do this go to the “Power User” tab in RivaTuner.
Expand the “RivaTuner \ System” option.
After you have expanded the option, scroll down until you find “ForceDriverVersion”. Double click on the collumn next to it and type in the driver version. Example: nvidia driver 158.19 would be 15819
Then click the check icon, click Ok or Apply and restart RivaTuner.

Gellidius

thanks Squeetard, i will try that; i had seen there were controld i could use in "Power User" tab, but i didn't dare touch it.