What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

GUIDE: Galaxy S (GT-i9000M) to CM9 (ICS) or CM10 (JB)

enaberif

Before I delve into XGA.... I upgraded to 4.2.2 (finally, some battery performance...) without any issues except for the poor modem performance. I don't know which one got installed, but it loses its signal so easily it's a joke. I checked JD's OT about the modems and the Google Drive files, but all seem for ICS, whereas I'm running JB on my SG2S.

Any hints about which files I should be looking for and use?

Tx.

SG2S? Are you referring to a Galaxy S2? If so then just visit the XDA forums and install the latest modem they have posted there.

They are CWP or TWRP flashable.

chasez1010

Noob Needs Help

Hey Just want to say that your instructions are top notch! I'm just having some issues. I followed the Phase R Flash UGKG3 instructions and now after all is said and done, everything booted through alright, phone restarted, now it restarts every 30 seconds... I re-did the Phase R and still same thing.. Not sure if i did something wrong but my Odin showed the same as the instructions so im sorta stumped now. Hoping maybe someone can help me with this!

Chaz

fiat84b

Worked great

Successful, thanks. Updated a Telus locked Samsung Galaxy S Vibrant GT-i9000M now running Android 4.3.1(CM10.2) all working fine so far.

Seems the wifi modem signal was weaker post update than the stock Samsung “UGKG3” so changed back using the CWM(ClockWorkMod) app recovery mode listed in step "Phase M: Flashing Modems". Note the CyanogenMod update replaces the stock modem and your apps so first had to download the CWM(ClockWorkMod) app again. To confirm Baseband version(=wifi modem) is changed to "I9000UGKG3” from 10.2's “i9000XXJVT”.

The stock "GT_I9000M_UGKG3_UGKG3_BMCKG3_Sbl" in "Phase R: Flash UGKG3" was required by me to get back to a fresh stock install. Before CM10 (Jelly Bean 4.3.1) this phone was unable to get to the Google Play store for apps as it was someones used phone.

Most current Samsung USB driver for Mobile Phones version 1.5.29.0

Used the most current nightly versions listed:
cm-10.2-20131114-NIGHTLY-galaxysmtd.zip
gapps-jb-20130813-signed.zip

then unlocked the phone with the "Galaxy_S Unlock" app, replaced the Bell SIM with a Rogers SIM, and it took a few minutes to find Rogers so be patient. Earlier some one posted the link so added here to make it easier to find: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.helroz.galaxysunlock&hl=en

Last edited: